Chapter 4

"You're leaving, again?" Gabrielle said to me as we lingered down the school hallway, just after the lunch bell rang.

"I know it's so sudden but this means a lot to me."

"What if you get the job, and you're forced to move to LA. What happens then?" Riley added.

"I haven't thought that far..."

"You can't just leave us like that." Peyton indicated.

"Calm down, she would never do anything like that, would you?" Gabrielle looked at me with hope in her eyes. I looked down at the floor.

"Okay, I understand we're all worried about Morgan leaving us but she deserves this! She's been waiting all her life for something like this to happen. It's not like if she moves to LA she won't talk to us anymore." Aubree stated, coming to my rescue.

"We're really happy for you Morgan. Honestly, we are." Peyton notified.

"Just if something does happen, don't forget about us," Riley instructed "But if you do...lord help me I will come to LA and beat you senseless." Riley always knew how to make us laugh.

"I better get going, Miss.Blake is waiting for me in the music room. She's helping me prepare for the audition."

"If we don't see you later, good luck!" Gabrielle called after me as they turned into the cafeteria and I continued walking.

"Have fun with all that air pollution!" Riley added. I walked into the music room and Miss.Blake was sitting at her piano, with a bunch of music sheets lay on top of the old white piano.

"Hi Miss.Blake." I greeted, she looked up through her silver framed glasses and smiled at me. Today she had her dark brown hair in curls and her ruby lipstick made her blue-grey eyes more noticeable. She wore a ruby blouse to match her lips and a black pencil skirt. She was a younger than the rest of the teachers at my school , but something clicked when I met her last year and we've always had a special relationship.

"I've found a couple of songs that suit your voice range and skill level, we will try them all and then we will pick which one you can sing the best." She explained as I sat down beside her on the piano.

I grabbed the sheets and set them in front of us. I was scanning through them and one song title caught my eye. Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia.

"Can we try that one first." I asked pointing to the sheet music for Titanium.

"It's your audition Morgan. I'm just here to help."

We began our lesson and it was about 4:00 when we had finished, I was in a special music program that went from 1:45pm to 4:00pm every Thursday.

"Well Morgan, I think you're ready." Miss.Blake smiled as she stood up, smoothed out her skirt and began gathering her things because school was already over. The Music program just runs late.

"Thanks again for helping me." I said as I picked up my backpack and stuffed the sheet music inside before slinging one arm strap around my shoulder.

"No problem kiddo," She replied walking over to me. The 'click clack' sous of her high heels against the hardwood floor following her with every step. "Knock 'me dead." She gave me a quick hug before I scurried out of the school doors to meet up with my mom in the parking lot.