Chapter 9

We spun around to the direction the voice had came from, a group of 3 guys that looked much older than us were walking towards us. A nervous expression came over Mikey's face.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Mikey.

"Don't say anything." He replied, his gaze not leaving the guys that were now in front of us.

"We haven't seen you around here in a while Spikes." The 'leader' of the group grinned at Mikey.

"What do you want Toby." Mikey sighed through gritted teeth.

"Oh nothing nothing," this so called Toby guy answered he looked at me then looked back at Mikey and then looked at me once more, as if just noticing I was there. "Who's this cutie?" He winked at me. Mikey wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me tight against his side.

"None of your business." Mikey shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh yeah," Toby said stepping closer to Mikey. "What are you gonna do about it."

"This." Mikey answered swinging his fist directly at Toby's jaw. All you could hear was the sound of Mikey's fist connecting with Toby's jaw.

"Grab the girl." Toby ordered his 'goons' while rubbing the spot on his face where Mikey hit him. They came up behind me and grabbed me by the arms. Their nails digging into my arms. I bit down on the inside of my cheeks.

Toby grabbed Mikey by the collar of his shirt and threw him into the concrete, kicking and punching him like there's no tomorrow.

"STOP!" I cried but he ignored me and kept going.

"PLEASE STOP! SOMEONE HELP HIM PLEASE!" I pleaded but it didn't work. The tears now streaming down my face.

"I'LL DO ANYTHING JUST PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE." I screamed, regretting it almost instantly. Toby stopped beating Mikey almost instantly and turned to me. Leaving his almost lifeless body cowering in pain on the ground.

"Anything?" He mimicked me, I nodded uneasily. "I'll let you know when I've made my decision." He caressed my chin with his index finger then signaled his goons to let go of me and they disappeared. I ran over to Mikey and knelt beside him.

"Mikey?"

He just moaned.

"This might hurt a little okay?" I assured him as I brought him to his feet and put my arm around his waist and his arm around my shoulder for support. We walked until we came to a 24 hour convenience store and I propped him on a nearby bench.

"I'll be right back." I told him. Luckily I had my wallet on me so I bought bandages, polysporin, gauze and witch hazel for his bruises. I walked back over to Mikey and started to clean out all his cuts on his arms and legs. I noticed there was dry blood on his shirt.

"Okay, you're going to hate me but I need you to take off your shirt." I laughed quietly.

"Please, you just want to see my abs." He mumbled and smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Take it off."

"I don't think i have the energy, but you can." He winked.

I pulled up his shirt slightly cleaned the cuts on his abdomen from the concrete. There were no cuts on his face because he had covered his face with his hands.

"There, all done. How do you feel?" I asked as he sat up straight.

"I'm good, but I think my lips need some attention." He smirked as he leaned in and kissed me. My stomach turned into the forth on July. Sparks flying. I felt him smile into the kiss and then he began to kiss me more passionately. He pulled back and looked at me. He was blushing and so was I.

"I think you need some sleep. Lets go back to the hotel." I stood up but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the bench.

"I'd rather just stay here and kiss you all night." He kissed my cheek then smiled. I stood back up.

"C'mon." I laughed and he pouted.