Carter

I had learned from Carter that his job was almost Identical to mine he hunted down what the council told him to.  Now He was drifting off to sleep even though we would land in twenty minutes. I smiled and began gathering my things including the Beanie I pulled down to cover my ears.

Right when  put my beanie on Carter drifted in to unconsciousness and the ward around his mind fell.  As it fell I was shocked to see that he was my mate.  Since my mind wasn't warded he must have felt the pull and not known what it was because neither Elves or wizards had mates.

I was so shaken up by the fact that my mate wasn't even a Werewolf that it woke Carter up.  I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and heard a voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"what? oh yes I'm fine" I told him.

I felt tendrils of his mind entering my mind to read it and I snapped "Carter Aiden Reynolds get out of my head."

He retreated from my head as we touched down and asked "how did you know my name?"

"What?" I asked.  "You told me it earlier."  I said because there was no way I was going to tell him about the mate bond.

"I only told you my first name not my last." He said.  "Even if I had told you my last I never tell any one my middle name."

"Lucky Guess" I said sheepishly and he raised an eyebrow. At this I quickly got up got my stuff and began to get off the plane.

He called after me "It's okay I'll get it out of you next time I see you."

It wasn't until I was out of the airport that I processed what he had said "Next time" I mumbled. Then I shrugged and picked up my one carry on item and walked off into the forest.  Once I was there I shifted and began the run to my mothers.

I arrived in an hour and my mom put me to working on my ability to make the plants and animals do as I want.  I could already tell this would be a long two weeks.

Two weeks later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shifted my backpack farther up on my back as I walked in to the Washington Council house.  I had been called and told that I would be doing a mission hunting down two Witch serial killers. I would be partnered up for this mission.

I was directed to the room where they would me my detail packet and tell me my job.  I walked in there only to see Carter standing there reading through a packet. 

He looked up as I walked in and said "I told you I'd see you again."