Eli

Eli's pov

I walked out of the council room gripping my newest mission's file.  The good thing about all of my sisters having their mates is that I got more missions for myself.    I sat down on my bed in the guest room and opened up the file.

Target: Matthew  St. Clarke

Species: Human

Crime: Saw a wolf shift

Solution:  Death

Last seen: Kingman Arizona

I flinched as I read this I had never had to kill a human before and especially not for something as silly as this.  What would they tell his family.  I shook my head and cleared my thoughts none of that mattered what mattered is that the job got done.

I packed all of my clothing into a bag that I could carry in my teeth if I needed to and then I went out to the car.  Once I was in the car I headed of to Arizona in search of the human who was unfortunate enough to witness a wolf shifting. 

Several hours later I climbed out of my car and sniffed around.  I had reached Kingman earlier and the scent had been stale by a couple hours.  So I used my witch powers to determine where he was heading and where I could cut him off.

I could smell the delicious scent of the human approaching me fast so I dropped my bag and shifted knowing my size would make him believe I was a normal wolf.  Grabbing a log in my mouth I ran out into the road right as hid car rounded the corner.

I dropped the log where his tires would hit and rolled under the car to make it seem as if he had hit me.  I heard him get out of the car and I shifted back into human form.  After I crawled out from underneath the car I snuck behind him and wrapped my fingers around his throat.

As my skin touched his my arms were covered in tingles and I let go gasping.  I stumbled backwards looking at Matthew with my eyes wide. 

"Your my mate" I mumbled quietly.

Matthew had turned to look at me and was whispering " More werewolves just my luck.  But why didn't she kill me."

I snorted and said "I was supposed to kill you but I can't."

"Why" He asked.

"Your my mate." I answered even though I knew he didn't know what it meant.

Proving me right he asked "What does that mean?"

"Since you human I'll just say that I'm meant to be you friend for the rest of your life," I told him my heart clenching in pain at the idea of just being friends.

He nodded and I stuck out my hand "I'm Eli.  You'll need to come back to the council house with me so that I can explain why I won't kill you."

"Okay" He said in a strong voice even though I could sense his worry.

"Just follow behind me,"  I told him and walked off towards my car.

When we finally reached the nearest council house I got out of the truck and went over to Matthew. He trembled a little bit as he took I the sight of the council house so I took his hand.

"You ready?" I asked him when the trembling subsided.

"No," He answered. "But let's go"