Chapter One: Welcome

I’m shifting my right hand on top of a candle that’s be lit; it’s not burning me or hurting me at all, however I could feel how warm it is. I’m in my room, sitting on my bed while I try to burn myself even though I can’t. I live here in England with my mom, Susan and my dad, David. We’re not England people, my parents are actually from Australia, they promised me that someday we’ll come visit their old friend name Richard Forks. They say he owns an Academy now, the school they went to when they were younger. People say that I resemble a younger image of my mother, I didn’t believe them, because my mother is much, much prettier than me. That’s what I think. Dad’s skin is white, ours is brown. I’ve always wondered to why my skin colour was different from others, but as a kid you always think a lot of things. 

“Tiffany!” my mother’s voice said, calling me. 

I looked over to my door and she burst in, finally found me. She walked towards me rapidly as she spoke. 

“There you are, I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” She then grabbed my hand and rushed me out of the room quickly as possible. 

Everyone is running everywhere, screaming and panicking. I didn’t realize that until I headed out of my room. There’s also explosions and fire outside our backyard. 

“Mom, what’s going on?” I asked anxiously. 

She didn’t answer, she’s still holding my hand, but tightly so I wouldn’t go anywhere. She’s looking for something and I don’t know what. 

“Mom!” I shouted. 

When we walked pass a maids room, she and her husband which is one of the gardeners where in a room together, in danger. The husband was protecting her from a beast with red glowing eyes and white sharp teeth protruding from the mouth. He tried attacking that monster, but the monster got him quicker and the gardener burst into ash. His wife screamed, and the monster attacked her next. 

After Mom and I ran pass the front balcony, when I saw who was out there I made Mom let go of my hand. 

I saw Dad got stabbed with a sword by someone in front of him. 

“Dad!” I shouted loudly as my voice echoed. 

He turned around. “Susan, take her away!” he ordered. 

I shook my head. “No I wont leave you, Dad!” I yelled while Mom tried to get me away. 

All of a sudden red crystals started to flow around, he looked at Mom and I gloomily but with a smile, a sweet smile that he always gives me. 

“David.” Mom said in a low tone. 

He smiled endlessly. “I won’t lose my pride, please understand me, Susan, Tiffany.” He said. “Begin a new life once you’ve been awakened, I love you, my sweet little princess.” 

Afterwards he burst into red crystals, all that was left of him was his clothes, lying there on the cold wet snow. 

I shook my head with my eyes widely open. “No!” I shouted loudly with tears pouring down my tears. “Dad, no!” I shouted continually. 

I looked at the man that was in front of my Dad’s clothes, that’s the man that stabbed him with the sword. He has two different coloured eyes, at his right is a bright blue colour, the other is red - but it looked like crimson; and they’re both glowing. He also has two white sharp teeth, his hair is long and curly, the length is about down to his neck. 

He glared at me, then crookedly smiled. “Tiffany.” He called, his voice echoing inside my head. 

I frowned, wondering who this man is. “C’mon, Tiffany.” Mom said while she pulled me back in.