Chapter Eight: Edward Blake

Chapter Eight: Edward Blake

Howl and I got back to the Academy safe and sound on the next day. I’m not angry at all at him, I’m very, very proud. However he’s very nervous on what everyone is gonna be telling him, especially on what Marko is going to say. 

I looked at him while we were walking towards the Academy, he looks so worried. “Don’t worry, Howl, you’ll be fine.” I claimed. 

He looked over to me, seriously anxious, I just smiled at him. “It’s easy for you to say, you’re not the one that left your companion all alone.” He said. 

I chuckled and didn’t speak for a minute. “You came back for me.” I said as I stopped when we were about ten feet away from the Academy door. 

He glared. “Even though I said thank you to you twice last night… I just… feel like I need to thank you even more.” I continued. 

He grinned. “No, you don’t have to. Two thanks is enough for me.” He claimed. 

I didn’t say anything but just pulled him towards me and hugged him tightly. “Thank you, Howl.” I thanked once more. 

He didn’t say anything but just hugged me back, and that’s what I wanted from him. 

“Tiffany, oh, thank god that you’re okay!” a recognizable funny voice shouted out. 

I let go of Howl and the two of us looked over to my left. Suddenly Mr. Forks came up to me and hugged me very tightly.

“Marko told me what happened this morning, oh, I was so, so worried about you my darling!” He continued. 

“Uh… dad, you’re kind of… hugging me to tight…” I said. 

“Huh?” he whispered. 

“I need air to breathe you know!” I claimed like I’m about to burst. 

“Oh, sorry.” He apologized, finally letting go. 

I looked over to Howl after Mr. Forks did. “Dad, go easy on him.” I demanded. 

Mr. Forks looked at me. “What?” 

“He went back for me, he kept me safe, I don’t think talking to him in an angry manner is appropriate.” I continued. 

He sighed before suddenly Marko came up to Howl rapidly and punched him on the right cheek harshly. I gasped when Howl landed on the ground. 

“Howl!” I shouted. 

Mr. Forks stopped me from getting near him. I looked at Marko. “H-how could you do that to him?” I barked loudly. 

Marko looked at me angrily. “He left you alone, Tiffany!” He stated while Howl spat out blood. 

“I don’t care!” I shouted. “He came back for me, isn’t that good enough?!” I asked loudly before I got freed from Mr. Forks’ arms. 

I was shaking really bad once I kneeled next to Howl, he looked at me and there was blood pouring down his right side of his chin. 

I shook my head tearing a bit. I sniffed. “Here, let me help you up.” I said wrapping his left arm around my shoulder. 

“Where are you taking him?” Marko asked while the two of us walked pass him and everyone else. 

“To the first aid room!” I responded angrily. 

I looked at Howl as I sit here on a chair while he sits on the bed wiping the rest of the blood off his chin. I touched his left chin smoothly and I felt a lump. I looked down afterwards.