Chapter Two: Marko Kelpie Howling

After Guarding I had Maths, and today we’re doing a Maths test. Great, how fun. I’m just staring down at my sheet, not understanding any of this. Our test is about Circle Geometry, some of them are easy - but the questions just keeps getting harder and harder. Mostly I don’t focus because I get so tired after Guarding. 

“What is this?” I whispered to myself. 

Melissa is in my class, I can’t really talk to her because we all have to sit individually, which sucks. I looked over to my right and saw Mel, it seems like she’s doing well. I sigh looking back down; someone then knocked at the door. 

Some students didn’t look, some did, one of them is me. It’s Ms. Mariah, she’s Mr. Forks’ assistant, she always carries a clipboard with her. When she pops up in a class I’m in, that means she wants to see me. Because it’s also my duty to be a guider to new students, this is why I don’t get much work done, because I’m pretty much far too busy. However sometimes I kind of enjoy skipping half of the class. 

She walked over to Mr. Rolland, my Maths teacher. She’s whispering to him, and sometimes looking over to me. 

“Tiffany,” Mr. Rolland called. 

He wanted me to come over, so I stood up and just left my stuff on the table. 

I stood, then inhaled. “Yes.” I said in a low tone, so that I wouldn’t be disturbing the rest of the class. 

“You’re excuse.” He said. 

I looked at Ms. Mariah over to my right, she wanted me to follow her - so I did. 

“Now, Miss. Forks, you know the drill.” She said straight after we got out of the class room. 

“Um… there’s a new student?” I asked. 

She hummed nodding. “It’s been a while since… there was a-” 

She interrupted. “Yes, I know.” 

She can be rude most of the time, but mostly pretty creepy. 

“His name is Marko Kelpie Howling, he’s eighteen years old turning nineteen in October or November whatsoever.” She explained. “He will be arriving a little late, so I suggest you wait in room one.” She ordered before she stopped. 

I stopped also, looking at her. She then looked at me through her reading glasses. “Go.” She said. 

I jumped a bit, I didn’t actually think that she would want me to go now. Room one is the only room where new students are dragged in, the only room I’m suppose to meet them. It’s kind of surprising how there’s only one, mostly there’s always five or nearly twenty. 

When I arrived in room one, the guy was already there. He’s leaning his butt on the teachers desk with his arms crossed. He isn’t looking over, he was just staring down on the floor with his eyes closed. He’s wearing a black jean that looked a little tight - sort of like skinny jeans. And he’s wearing a white men’s button down shirt with two buttons undone. His hair is a straight mid length sort of hairstyle, and the colour of his hair is almost like a black colour. 

“Um… hi.” I said.

When he turned his head over and looked at me, I suddenly just saw something - like another flashback but only a blink of it, it wasn’t letting me see properly. I saw two kids, a boy and a girl playing in a bedroom. 

When I looked back to him, he seemed kind of surprised. 

I inhaled. “You-you must be, Mr. Howling?” I asked walking a bit more closely.