Chapter Twelve: Feasting the Moonlight

I woke up with my eyes widely open staring at the ceiling roof when I just realized that I’m late for class. 

“Crap!” I shouted when I moved the blanket off of me. 

Suddenly I fell forward. I moaned getting up while rubbing my butt; I grabbed my towel and went straight to the girls bathroom. 

After showering I had to quickly run back into my dorm with no clothes on but my towel around my body. Then I had to quickly blow dry my hair, I didn’t have time to straighten my hair - but I still did, and since I didn’t do it properly it’s a little wavy. I also quickly put some make-up on really quick. After that I headed out of my dorm and had to go straight to English for period one. 

My school uniform isn’t proper either, my vest is only button up in the middle, and my jacket is unbuttoned. One of my black socks is smaller than the other, I looked like a freak. 

When I finally got to the classroom, I opened the door and quickly closed it panting and panting. I turned around and no one seemed to care, they just continue to talk and talk. The teacher is also not here. 

I walked forward still looking around everyone, and then I walked over to a small group of girls that was talking, because I think I just heard something about a teacher. 

“Hey, did something happen?” I asked. 

They all looked at me. “Tiffany, do you know?” a girl asked in front of me. 

I lifted both of my brows up shooking my head. “There’s a new ethics teacher coming for English!” she continued as I stare at her. 

“What?” I whispered. 

A different girl spoke. “I caught a quick glimpse, but I-” she paused when someone came in the room. Everyone stared over at the door while I had my back turned. 

Everyone took a quick seat leaving me standing there. “Psst!” I looked up and saw Melissa sitting at a table by herself waving at me. “Come over here!” she whispered, trying not to let anyone hear her but some can actually. 

I haven’t faced the teacher, I just walked forward and sit next to Mel. When I looked up, finally got a glimpse of him. He’s tall, he has wavy-ish hair that’s up to his neck… just like Edward, and his right eye has an eye patch or something. 

He brought nothing but a book and a bed. “It appears you  have heard the details already?” he asked as he stands there with one hand in his pocket. “Beginning today, I, Christopher Lee, will be taking charge of your English class. I look forward to working with you.” He introduced. 

“He’s quite handsome, isn’t he?” Melissa asked all of a sudden. 

I looked at her and she was staring forward and not to me. “Um… probably. I mean he’s a teacher so… I don’t - really know.” I responded. “But somehow I-” I paused, not finishing my sentence. 

I turned around and saw Edward sitting on his seat, staring forward seeming stunned but shocked. I didn’t think that Edward would be in class today, I mean a few minutes Edward left the room yesterday, I went looking for him and I couldn’t find him anywhere. Though I’m happy to see him today in class, that means that he’s safe. 

“As a way of introduction, I will take any questions.” Mr. Lee said when his voice made me look back to him. 

All of a sudden straight after he said that, there were many hands that went up, even Melissa’s. I just looked around trying to figure out what’s so exciting about an exchange teacher.