Chapter Eleven: Trigger Conviction

Chapter Eleven: Trigger of Conviction

Last night Hugh brought me to the first aid room, however he brought me to the Guardian Academy’s first aid room; he never brought me back to Forks Academy. But he cleaned up the bite pretty good and wrapped new clean bandages on my wrist, but the bit is still pretty bad. After waking up the next morning, Hugh was sitting on a chair in front of me. After staring he sat down next to my right and started to look at my neck continually just like from last night. 

“The bleeding has almost stopped, but… it’s deep,” he said. “He must’ve bitten you with all his strength?” he continued as he strokes the bite smoothly. 

He moved his hand away gently and stared at me continually. I haven’t looked at him or anything, I’m just staring forward, remembering of what happened last night, and to what I saw. I’m even tearing up right now. 

“Tiffany, does it hurt?” he asked curiously. 

My body started to shake, and I have the feeling that I won’t be able to stop it. I didn’t answer Hugh, I started to wipe the tears off my face trying to be happy for him but can’t.  

“Are you scared… of vampires?” he continued. 

I shook my head after seeing a glimpse of Edward’s glowing red eyes. ‘Edward is a vampire.’ I repeated. 

Suddenly when someone knocked at the door it kind of frightened me. Hugh looked over and so did I, but I didn’t turn my whole head over to my right though. 

“Hugh, can you go to class, the scent of, Tiffany’s blood is causing disturbance to, Edward.” Mr. Forks demanded while he walked inside and stood in front of us. 

“I understand.” Hugh said before he stood up and left the room. 

After standing in front of me for a few seconds, Mr. Forks turned around and grabbed the first aid kit. He sat on the chair that Hugh sat down on and looked through the kit. After finding band aids, he sticked one on each bite. I’ve stopped shaking, finally, but I’m still scared and frozen. 

“I brought Edward back in his room last night when  you fainted.” He said while putting down the kit on top of the drawer over to his right. 

“He’s calmed down now, I’m sorry if I haven’t been able to tell you the truth. You must be shocked, that something like this happened.” He claimed. “I’m sorry, Tiffany.” 

I looked at him. “You never got to tell me what?!” I asked quick and fast. “That Edward was a vampire?” I continued with tears endlessly pouring out from my eyes. 

He stared at me a little surprised. “I didn’t believe in vampires before Dad, but when I saw one after losing sight of, Edward - I was so scared. But… by how Edward bit me last night… made me feel even more scared. He tried coming near me but I-I couldn’t even let him.” I sobbed. 

I remember by how I moved away from him last night, I regret doing that, and I don’t know why because he was the one that attacked me. 

I sniffed. “I’m scared… of Edward, Dad.” I declared miserably. 

He looked down. “Edward is a half-pureblood vampire, his mother was a human and his father was a vampire. The only way Edward could become a pureblood vampire is that when he gets engage to someone, from then on the throne will be given to him, and he will become King of all vampires.” He stated. 

I made a confused expression, thinking to why did he suddenly started talking about Edward and his life I think. 

“Anyway… he didn’t mean for this to happen, he didn’t know that you had something in your blood that could suddenly make him lose control. Talking to him in his room made him shameful of himself, he's very upset and wished that he had never don’t it, he’s very sorry, Tiffany.” He continued.