Chapter 9 ~ Expedition Gone Wrong

Word Count: 831
(h/n): horse's name

(The following part has segments that were pulled off the Skingeki no Kyojin wiki. I just tailored it to fit the story. I apologize for not having the creativity to come up with something on my own.)

Third Person POV
After weeks of hard work and relentless training, the trio now get to go on their first expedition outside the walls. They are all nervous, yet slightly excited. None of them have been outside the walls and their curiosity is growing by the minute.

When they reached the outside, no words were spoken. Their eyes widened and mouths hung open at the beauty of Mother Nature before them. Before they can become fully absorbed in staring at their surroundings, their Corporal's sharp voice brings them back to reality.

"Oi! Stop staring with your mouths wide open if you don't want to be titan bait!"

Her harsh words were not meant to be mean. In her own way, with blunt statements and sharp retorts, she is showing that she cares about the lives and safety of her fellow soldiers.

Levi nodded in agreement to his sister's words and the three carry on with their journey to explore the beautiful, yet deadly world before them.

~Time Skip~

Together, Farlan assists Levi in taking down an abnormal titan. He's obviously nervous and unsettled at the thought of fighting a Titan, but gains courage and morale upon seeing Levi charge into battle.

As if on cue, he and Isabel slice the Titan's knees in unison, allowing Levi to finish the titan off.

The next day of the expedition, a heavy rain storm suddenly appears.

Levi decides to ride along side his sister in fear of something possibly happening to her. Farlan advises caution, but Levi brushes him off. Despite Farlan's protests, Levi forces the conversation to a close and sets off to find (Y/n).

He looks back to see Farlan staring after him and waving and Isabel waving wildly.

"Be careful!"

'I will' Levi thought as he pushes onwards to where (Y/n) is positioned at.

Soon after making it back to the squad, five titans attack Farlan and Isabel's squad. They fight off the titans as best as they can, but fail to slay them all.

Levi returns - unable to locate his sister's squad - to find the titans attacking the squad. He arrives to find a bloody scene.

All of the members of Isabel and Farlan's squad are already dead. The lone titan that had decimated the squad caught sight of him. As he moves towards him, half of Farlan's body falls out of its mouth to the ground.

'Tch. It will pay for killing my two friends!' He thought, his blood boiling.

Having witnessed the deaths of the first two true friends he ever had, Levi goes into blind rage and kills all the titans.

When Erwin and (Y/n), who saw the steam from the fallen titans, arrive on the scene, Levi lunges to attack and attempt to kill Erwin, who he blames for their deaths

When Erwin and (Y/n), who saw the steam from the fallen titans, arrive on the scene, Levi lunges to attack and attempt to kill Erwin, who he blames for their deaths. Anger still consumes his mind and blinds all his thoughts.

Erwin questions what would have happened if Levi had stayed with his friends instead of leaving them to fend for themselves while he had gone forward.

This causes Levi to believe that it was his own arrogance is what got his friends killed.

Erwin refutes this, stating that the real reason for their deaths is the titans and the lack of knowledge that humans have on them. He goes on about how the rich humans inside the Walls choose to turn a blind eye to the swath of destruction that is happening right outside their doors.

Erwin states that the Scouts is Humanity's only hope of being free and asks Levi again to join them. This time Levi accepts willingly.

(Y/n), during Erwin's little speech, had said nothing.

Words can't describe the feeling she is experiencing inside of her. She wants to go up and comfort Levi, but she refrains from doing so, knowing that he probably wants some space.

The death of loved ones is painful. He will open up when he is ready.

The surviving Corps soldiers make a full withdrawal for the Walls. Levi takes one last look at the steaming corpses of titans that will serve as a grave for Farlan and Isabel.

~Time Skip~

As soon as they made it back to HQ, Levi returns his horse back to the stables and makes a beeline for his room. (Y/n) watched with solemn eyes as he retreated from the stables. She has yet to lose someone close, but Farlan and Isabel had grown on her during their short time together.

Reader's POV
I put (h/n) back into her stall and proceed to brush and feed her. Looking over, I see Levi's horse. I will take care of him as well my own.

Levi has enough to deal with as it is.