8: Flame drain rings

"Oi Tsuna!"

Reborn's voice was laced with concern as he gently shook the unconscious brunette.

He felt a cold chill down his spine as the brunette convulsed and let out a pained whine as trails of blood started to drip from his mouth, nose, ears and eyes, he could easily tell that there was internal damage caused.

"Baka-Tsuna!"

The hitman hissed as he scooped up the boy into his arms and ran all the way to the infirmary.

Shamal spin around in his chair in shock as the hitman kicked his way through the door. He opened his mouth to object until he noticed the unconscious brunette.

The doctor let out a curse as he motioned the hitman over towards one of the many beds.

"What the hell happened?! He was just here!"

The doctor hissed as he began to check the brunette's vitals.

"I felt his flame and then I ran towards his room, he was unconscious when I found him"

Reborn supplied as he moved out of the doctor's way.

"Get out, I'll need to do some tests and fix his internal bleeding"

Reborn didn't even argue as he was sent out of the infirmary, he didn't dare waste time arguing when Tsuna's life was on the line.

*

When Shamal exited the infirmary, Reborn noted that the perverted doctor seemed all wrung out.

He looked towards Shamal in askance of the brunette's condition. Shamal shook his head tiredly as he removed his gloves and shook his head.

"It's not good.... Decimo's flames keep on building up to fast... I've had to drain them five times to keep them at a safe level"

The doctor sighed, Reborn frowned on disappointment at the doctor's words, he didn't like them at all yet he knew not to doubt them.

"What about his body?...."

Reborn asked, his voice unusually soft with concern as he glanced towards the infirmary.

"I managed to fix the damage.... But the next time he releases his flame he will die"

Reborn felt unease swirling surging his chest at the thought of his ex student now friend dying, he had grown quite close to the brunette over the years.

"Isn't there anything that can be done besides fixing the bazooka?....."

A tired yet wry smile graced the doctor's lips as he nodded.

"I finished the flame drain rings that I had been working before everything started to happen"

The hitman raised a curious brow.

"Flame drain rings?"

"Yeah, Decimo came up to me once and asked for a way to have his flames suppressed because he realized that he regained his flames too quickly"

Reborn nodded in understanding as he remembered how often the brunette had randomly went into dying will mode or even just randomly blasted X-Burners into the sky.

"That explains a few things"

The hitman stated in understanding.