Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Rebecca struggled to climb down from her horse, by this time William had gone off to stable his horse and Arthur had unmounted and tied his horse up. He could see Rebecca struggling so as a gentleman he walked over to her and offered his hand, giving her his hand but she outright refused.

Arthur shrugged his shoulders and waited leaning back on a wooden post with is arms crossed watching her. Just before William came she managed to get down from her horse but managed to trip over her own foot in the process. Arthur jump forwards and grabs her arm in a strong enough manner to stop her from falling but not to the extent of hurting her.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm perfectly fine" she pulled back her arm the minute she was stable "Thank you but I didn't need your assistance I was fine, I would of landed perfectly if you were not standing there."

" I'm sure you would have landed perfectly if I was not here." he smirked

"I simply tripped and you were in the way." she protested her face beginning to blush from embarrassment. 

He smiled knowing she would have fallen if it was not for him. Which in turned caused her to be even more frustrated. He could not help but give a cheerful laugh because of the situation he found himself in for even the whole ride back had been ridiculous. Then they heard William and Rebecca stepped away for she had only now noticed how close her body was to his.

Rebecca went and gave annabella her horse to the stable lad. As they were all finished they were about to head into the house but her mother came rushing out, Rebecca wondered how long it would take, indeed it did not take long.

"Did you enjoy your ride my dear? Oh look we have company, this must be Mr Longford, its nice to meet you finally" Rebecca's mother said.

"Indeed its nice to meet you to Mrs..?" he asked.

"Mrs meadow, Oh you will join us for dinner, will you not?" her eyes pleading

Arthur looked at Rebecca she sighed and rolled her eye's thinking that no one saw.

" It will be my honour Mrs meadow." he smiled knowing that it would annoy Rebecca even more.

Rebecca swiftly carried on into the house along with William.

Soon enough the dinner table was set and her mother made sure at least one of the two gentlemen would sit beside Rebecca whether she liked it or not, as she continued into the room she shook her head, and walked straight to the seat beside her father at the top of the table she thought her mother can work out the rest and indeed she did.She put Arthur opposite Rebecca on the other side of the table beside her father and then grace and then her mother at the end of the table and William beside herself.

It didn't take long until Rebecca's mother started talking.

"I forgot to ask Mr Dickens did you enjoy your ride out this afternoon?"

"Yes I did."

"Where did you ride to?"

"To the end of father's estate." interrupted Rebecca.

"That's quite a far distance to ride."

"It wasn't to bad." added William.

"It's lovely the grounds you have Mr Meadow and the stables." noted  Arthur.

"Thank you, I am always embarrassed to say but I am very proud of the grounds I hold here, I do wish though I had some more horses to occupy the stables. You will have to come shooting with me one of the day's."