Chapter 3

~Katie~

I kept walking, not knowing where the hell I was going. I wish I had my own life back when I ruled the school. I gress I didn't really pay attention to where I was walking until I ran right smack into somebody.

He turned around and saw me on the floor. "Why don't you watch where you're going next time!" the guy yelled and his friends snickered.

"I'm fine thanks for asking, asswipe. Maybe you shouldn't be standing in the middle of the fucking sidewalk so people could actually walk." I yelled back as I got off the ground and picked up my fallen books.

"Asswipe? isn't that a little harsh for someone who was just messing around?" he asked. I looked at him and noticed that he looked a lot like an emo rebel too. black hair with long bangs that hung in the front of his eyes and died bleach white. In the back it was spiked out like he got electurcuted and he had two lip piercings like Derrick.

"What?" I asked, not really paying attention to him.

"I was kidding. The names Richard but people call me Rico." He said, taking my hand and shaking it without waiting to introduce myself. I nodded my head on annoyance.

"Uh huh. Well uh i'm Katie." I said in reply. he placed his slender fingers on his chin and hummed like he was in deep thought.

"I haven't seen you around the school." he stated the obvious.

"Really? I guess my invisiblity cloak I got from Harry must have fallen off when I bumped into you." I replied sarcastically.

"That's a very nice attitude you got there." he stated.

"Yeah? Well its one of my best features." I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a fake smile.

He wasn't fazed. "I got you were new at first glance."

"Gee, how did you manage that one genius?"

"There's not a lot of girls who dress as Barbie as you do." I narrowed my eyes at him in aggravation. This guy is seriously pissing me off! Who the hell does he think he is insulting me like this!

"Katie! Are you okay? You just dashed away from us like a bat out of hell." I heard Erika say as she sprinted over.

"Hey Rico." Derrick said happily.

"Hey Der', what's up man?" Rico and him demonstrated a bro handshake.

That's when it hit me.

"Yeah. Peachy. Come with me to the gas station. I'm parched." Before they had time to tell me otherwise I grabbed their wrists and led them away from the group of goth rebels.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Katie" I heard Rico call to me, but I paid no mind.

When we stepped inside the girls gave me funny looks. "Was that the Rico you guys were telling me about?"

"Yeah" they both said slowly, both waiting for an explanation.

"Does he always make rude remarks for the first impression?" I asked as I pretended to shop for...whatever.

They chuckled. "Well yeah when you first meet him, but after awhile of talking to him he gets really chill." Stacey explained; both of them giving me curious stares and it was really beginning to bug me.

"Why do you keep staring?" I finally asked with a tint of irritation.

"We're waiting." Erika answered with a mischievous expression on her face.