Chapter 5

~Katie~

As the sun hit my face and my conscience came back to me, I slowly woke and noticed that I was laying on the floor on top of Derrick. I immediately shot up from him and he slowly stirred.

"What's wrong, are you okay, Kat?" My heart throbbed at Tony's nickname for a slight second.

"Yeah I'm sorry I was laying on top of you." I blushed.

"You don't remember. you asked to lay on me because you told my that your back would be sore if you layed on the floor." He said rubbing hes eyes sleepily.

"Oh yeah, that did happen." I said thoughtfully. He nodded.

"Wow I never heard of a sugar hangover before." Stacey stated from the doorway.

"Hmm, a new side affect from having a lot of sugar." Erika stated.

"Better watch out now." Derrick laughed and I laughed with him. We raced downstairs to see Erika's mom in the kitchen with food on the table.

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweet bun." She had a really pretty smile turning out be a beautiful Asian woman.

"Hello, ma'am, I'm Katie. Thank you for letting me stay here." I said politely as I shook her hand.

"Oh my, it's no problem and call me Susan." she stated.

I gave her a warm smile. "Okay, will do!"

We all sat aroundthe table. "I came home last night and saw you guys passed out on the floor and Katie passed out on top of Derrick." I blushed at the sudden thought that she would think there was something going on between Derrick and I. Talk about a bad first impression to a parent in her own home! "Don't worry you had clothes on so I didn't think anything happened." Her statement made my cheeks turn even more visible and I laid my head on the table in embarrassment causing everyone to laugh at me.

"You are so gullible, Kate!" Derrick said with a huge grin earning him a punch in the arm by yours truly.

"so what do you have to do today, Derrick?" Erika asked.

"I have to meet Rico and Kyle at the skate park in a few minutes." He replied, digging into his eggs and mixing them in with his syrup.

"Well then, hurry up and eat and go before you're late." Susan told him with a wave of her hand. She had to be the nicest woman I had ever met. No wonder Erika never fights with her. how could you with that kind of outgoing personality?

He took one more giant bite and gulped the last of his orange juice. "Okay gotta run, i'll see you guys later and thank you so much, Susan."

"Anytime Derrick! you know you are always welcome here." She gushed like she was in a toothpaste commercial. Derrick gave one more wave and smile before vanishing out the door. "I still don't know why you're not dating him, Erika."

Stacey and I had to try to hide our snickers and told-you-so looks when we saw Erika roll her eyes and sigh. "Hey Susan, may I have more pancakes?"

"You know not to ask that question in my house if you know there are extras." She gave a fake stern voice with a smile. "Eat until your stomach bursts."

Finally, I had the chance to ask. "You guys know that I don't like Derrick in that way, right?"

"Yeah, what brought that up? Oh yeah...I know you're not into him." Erika answered.

"Besides you don't seem the type to date huys like Derrick, Kyle, or Rico." Stacey added.

"Well, I'm used to dating guys like Tony, so I cant imagine dating guys who look goth." I answered truthfully.