Chapter 2

~Katie~

I was in a peaceful deep sleep when there was an annoying beeping sound coming from my nightstand. I didn't remember turning it on, but then again I have two messed up parents that probably came in my room and turned on my alarm while I was asleep. I lifted my hand that felt twenty pounds heavier and dropped it on my alarm to turn it off. Yay, step 1 complete now time for the really hard work. I slowly got off my bed and staggerd to my closet full of cute clothes that my mom had paid for with her gold card. I pulled out my white tank top and pink overshirt to wear with my miniskirt.

"Honey, are you awake?" My mother asked through the door.

"Yeah mom, just getting dressed." I grumbled back as I was slipping on my miniskirt. I hate it when she gets that way. we'll have a big fight the night before and then the next morning act like nothing happened.

"Alright honey, well breakfast is almost done." She stated happily. I rolled my eyes at the door and opened it. "Hi."

"Hi." I responded with uneasiness.

"You're going to love it there, I just know it." She told me with one of her signature smiles that she puts on when she knows a secret.

"Mom please!" I yelled and pushed myself passed her.

"Alright, alright just meet me downstairs so you can eat breakfast." She stated. I nodded and walked to the right of her towards the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. After I was done curling it and applying my makeup, I headed downstairs.

Mom had bacon and eggs with pancakes on the table. Okay my anger was officially gone. She knew exactly how to calm me down and make me forget why I was mad in the first place. I sat down and munched on my pancakes while my mom drank her coffee.

"Are you ready for your first day?" I slowed my chewing and looked at her with exaggeration.

"No, but you're going to make me go anyway so do I really have a choice in this?" My mother smiled and shook her head no. I dropped my fork on my plate and leaned back sighing at the thought that my life has officially been ruined.

I got in my BMW and drove off to the new school that I was attending for the rest of the year and felt uneasy. the popularity that I had was gone and I had to start all over and win everyone's attention. Hell, I might still have my chances at becoming prom queen. I parked at the front and stepped out the car. I stood there and just stared at the school. The building was smaller and it looked older.

Well, time to get my title back.

As I strode inside the main doors, the first thing I noticed is not one of the student body had class yet. They were running around the hallways and chilling by the lockers. There were a few staring at me like I was some kind of ghost or just plain unsual I couldn't tell, but I ignored them and kept walking to my first class which happened to be algebra, my favorite subject.

"You're the new girl right?" A girly voice sounded beside me as I sat down in my chair. I looked over to my right and saw a very petite girl who had on glasses and whom looked Asian with long straight dark hair.

"Yeah." I responded.

She sat beside me. "Welcome to Central. I'm Erika." She introduced as she held out her hand and I shook it.

"Katie or Kate." I responded with a smile.

She cocked her head to the side and studied me. "You look really pretty like one of those popular girls you see on T.V."

I couldn't help but laugh as I answered with, "that's probably because I am popular. Was popular." Saying that in pretense made my stomach hurt and anger begin to settle inside me again.