Chapter 6

~Katie~

Spending the night with Stacey and Erika was a lot of fun, I just couldn't get over Stacey going on about how hot Erika's mom was. The way she kept describing what she would do to her alone in a bedroom was plain disturbing, kind of like those phony scripts of Jerry Springer. But all in all it was loads fun and I couldn't ask for a better weekend.

Sunday went okay, went to church with my mom and grandma while dad went to work like always. Afterwards, Mom decided to surprise me with a shopping spree of new clothes. I knew she was trying to help me feel better, so I couldn't stay mad at her. allowing her to use that delightful phrase "I told you so".

The outfit was cute with a white tank and a baby blue shrug that covers the shoulders followed by Baby Phat cargo pants with gems on the sides and the Baby Phat logo on the back pocket with to-die-for white wedges. Yup, I am totally wearing this tomorrow I thought as I set them aside for the next morning.

Monday rolled around and I honestly wished it hadn't. "Hey Katie!" Both Erika and Stacey chimed together as they raced down the hall to catch up to me.

"Hey." I greeted in return.

Erika was the first to notice. "Cute outfit!"

"Thanks, my mom got it for me yesterday." I answered. I was having a really good morning; the birds were chirping and the sun felt great, well, little did I know the birds were chirping 'April Fools, dumbass!' and the sun was only shining with laughter.

"Where are you going?" Stacey asked, the little nosey.

"Just to my locker." I didn't even ask them to come with me, they just follow me around like ducklings. We approached #287, my locker and as soon as I opened it rotten old chili came pouring out of my cubby and in my hair, face and my brand. New. Outfit.

Everyone in the hallway stopped and held their noses laughing at me. Erika and Stacey had terror written all over their faces. "The first works of Ashley. She had done the same to me when she thought I glared at her but it was with cold yogurt." Erika stated guiltily.

After the shock was gone I only looked at them and smiled, adrenaline over came the smell and grossness radiating off me and by the looks of their expressions, this was not a reaction they were expecting. "I'm going to be saying my thanks to Ashley. Wanna join me?" I stormed down the hallway; no wait, stormed isn't the right word. I skipped down the hallway to the cafeteria. On the way there, I could see the student body holding their noses and gagging. I couldn't blame them, the smell was awful. Thank the heavens that my adrenaline was in full swing.

I pushed through those double doors leading into the cafeteria like a boss and stormed right up to Ashley's crew with a giant smile plastered on my face. The hag herself was the first to spot me as she chuckled while removing herself from her seat.

"Nice outfit and the chili really brings out your eyes, but ugh, have you ever heard of a shower?" She smirked making the entire place laugh.

I gave her my award winning smile and giggled happily. "Thank you so much for my surprise, I mean, it wasn't even my birthday and you did this all for me. You put the time and effort into creating such a delight thought into my locker, so let me share with you my excitement."

As I said that, a loud scream echoed throughout the entire cafeteria and into the hall as I spotted people running in, watching me embrace her in a hug with chili all over my front. After making sure the chili got all over her as well I pulled back and looked at her agape and rather pissed off expression. "There! Twinsies!" I held up a peace sign then lowered my index finger, turned my wrist around and flipped her off before storming away from her. I walked all the way home so I didn't get the smell in my car now that my adrenaline calmed down the smell was worse than I had imagined. Had to give her credit though, it must have took a lot of brain power for her to come up with this plot.