ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

A/N: In that story, the kiss of Katniss and Gale never happens. The whole scene of the kiss.
The door of the med opened and Katniss showed up with Plutarch and Haymitch. I was already there, looking out for Peeta. He was a good friend back in 12.I turned around and Katniss was walking towards me.
"Hey"I told her
"Hey"She tried to talk for me.
"Are you okay?"I asked
This time se didn't speak, but she nodded.Then she approached the glass and looked at Peeta. Everyone did the same.
"Send her in"Plutarch said. The door opened and Prim entered the room, looking at the glass for a moment.
"Hey"she told Peeta, sitting at the edge of his bed.
"Prim"
"She's too close"Haymitch said.
"Mmm,it's okay"Plutarch answered
"How'd you get here?"Peeta sked Prim.
"We live in district 13 now.It's a real place, stories are true."
"My family hasn't come to see me. There was an attack on 12. My family."
"The bakery didn't survive"I was sorry for Peeta but I am glad Prim told him the truth. He had to know.
"It's Katniss.It's because of Katniss"
"It wasn't because of her"
"She tell you to say that?"
"She didn't tell me anything.She'a liar Prim.It's a trick"I put my hand on Katniss's shoulder.
"Peeta what you are saying isn't real"
"She send you here to talk to me.She knows you're here now."
"It's okay"
"She knows. You can't trust her!"He screamed causing Prim to stand up and slowly back away.
"She's a monster!She's a mutt that the Capitol created to destroy us!"
"Get her outta here"Haymich said.
"Do you understand me?You have to kill her Prim!You have to kill her.She's a mutt!"
"Katniss?" I asked
"This is just a conditioned response." Plutarch said"It's not him"
"No it's not him"She whispered

*************************************

I was sat on one of the beds thinking about everything that had happened.
"Thirty minutes until touchdown. Prepare for landing"I looked up at Katniss who woke up. I stood up and walked towards Gale and Beetee, Katniss following behind.Gale saw me and smiled at me.I smiled back.
"Wrap it up. Cut the chatter. Let's go.This is another version of booby-trapping a resource"Gale said
"Right, I see. This one's designed to blind.Smoke clings to the eyes."
"That's an application of the 'hummingbird trap'"
"You scare people so they flee in this direction in to what they think is a safe heaven. Two tired-explosions. You allow people enough time to rush in, help the wounded, then-"
"A second bomb"I said
"Right"Gale replied"Second one goes off here"
"I guess there are no rules anymore about what a person can fo to another person."
"I don't think Snow used any rulebook when he hijacked Peeta"

*************************************

I changed into my suit and the gate of the jet opened.
"Welcome to district 2. I'm corporal homes.You follow me please"Said a man and we continued walking.Suddenly,there was a turmoil making us to bent down.
"Don't worry. It's just how the loyalists say good morning"he reassured us.

*************************************

"President Coin, we're indebted to you for the reinforcements of the Mockingjay. But I am not sure that anyone outside of 2 khows what we've been up against.This is the nut.The Capitol's headquarters for all offensuve operations.It's manned by both military and civilian personnel from district 2.As you can see the fortress lied so far beneath the bedrock, it's untouchable.Yesterday we attempted to take the northeastern gate.The enemy countered from higher up and we were forced to pull back. We took heavy losses"Said Lyme.
"Send troops towards one gate, launch a staggered attack on another"the commander suggested.
"Who troops do you propose as a decoy,commander?"Commander Paylor aksed.
"You have the Mockingjay. Don't under estimate her.We could use fire to erode support. She may be able to sway dome os the loyalists."Coin told us.
"You've been underground a long time, madame Coin. This isn't like the rest of Panem. Support of the Capitol runs deep here. "
"Then there is no sacrifice too great.We need to control the arsenal inside that fortress. Even with every district in this alliance, we are outgunned."Coin responded.
"I won't commit my people to a ground assault just to pillage weapons."Paylor told Coin.
"Commander Paylor, your people have suffered at the hands of the Capitol. Which is why I won't condone a mass suicide.If we don't take district 2, we won't get into the Capitol"Coin said
"Would it be enough to disable the fortress instead of taking it?"Gale suggested causing me to look at him.
"What do you have in mind?"Paylor asked
"You think of it like a wolf den.You're not gonna find your way in, so you've got 2 choices.You trap the wolves inside or you flush 'em out.If we can't attack straight on, to strike around it? We'll use the mountains.We'll hit weak spots in the peaks"he continued
"We could design the bomb targets in sequence using seismic data."Beetee said
"Trigger avalanches"
"Block all exists, cut off their supplies.You make it impossible for them to launch their hovercraft."Gale continued.
"Bury them alive"Paylor told him.
"We'd forfeit any chance to control the weapons."Coin said.
"Yes, but we'd face a weakened Capitol" Gale defended
"There's civilians in there.They should be given a chance to surrender. Could use one of the supply tunnels for the evacuees"Boggs said
"It's a luxury we weren't given when they firebombed 12"Gale told us
"There's gotta be a better way"I told him
"I suggest we try avalanche, but leave the train tunnel alone.Civilians can escape into the square,where our armies will be waiting for their surrender."Coin said
"We should have every available medic standing by."Paylor said
"And if they won't surrender?"Lyme asked
"Then we will need a compelling voice to persuade them"Coin answered.

*************************************

Katniss watched as the jets took off and I was pressed against the wall,looking down.I could feel that she looked at me for a moment.
"What's the difference Katniss?"Gale asked"Crushing the enemy in a mine or blowing them outta the sky with one of Beetee's arrows.It's the same thing."
"We were under attack in District 8"she answered."And that hovercraft wasn't filled with civilians."
"Doesn't matter.Even if those civilians are just moppin' floors, they're helping the enemy.And if they have to die, I can live with that.No one who supports the Capitol is innocent."My gaze hadn't left the floor until I spoke.
"With that kind of way you can kill anyone.You can send kids off to the hunger games to keep the districts in line."
"It's war, Heather.Sometimes killing isn't personal"He said and with that I left. I couldn't recognize him.That wasn't the Gale I knew. Another bomb went off and I closed my eyes, a tear fell down and everyone was cheering. I found a corner, and sat there, alone,closing my eyes each time the I heard the bombs explode.

*************************************