ᴛᴇɴ

Katniss and Gale were talking in the tent and I met my new unit.
"Hawthorne, Everdeen, come meet your new unit." Lieutenant Jackson told them. They got up and came towards us.
"I'm lieutenant Jackson." A woman, who I had already met,introduced herself " and I want to introduce you to your squad. This is second lieutenant Mitchell, best sharpshooter in Panem. These are the leg sisters. First combat division. And this is corporal homes." Lieutenant introduced them. I saw a figure appearing behind them.
"Finnick?" Katniss asked and walked towards him. He held his trident.
"Are you with us?" She asked him
"Looks like it." He answered and then they hugged. I couldn't quite listen what they were saying.
I saw Boggs and our team coming. I approached them.
"Squad 451. You are my unit. Lieutenant Jackson is my second in command. Each one of you is elite in some form of combat. But we are non-combat unit. So we'll be following days behind the front- line troops." Boggs explained.
"You're to be the onscreen faces of the invasion." Cressida continued. "'The star squad.' It's been decided that you're most effective when seen by the mass."
"So we're not gonna fight." Gale said.
"You'll do whatever you're ordered to do, soldier. It's not your job to ask questions." Boggs replied.
"Yes sir."
"Our instructions are to shoot propaganda footage on the battle-scarred streets of the Capitol. You were handpicked to intimidate their forces."Boggs continued,
"And inspire surrenders."Cressida added.
"Even though we'll be working on abandoned streets miles behind the front lines, I guarantee you, wherever they put us, it will not be safe. This is a war zone. It is likely that we'll encounter both active pods and peacekeepers. You're considered high-value targets to the Capitol. In the event of capture, you'll be given a night lock pill. A poison that acts immediately." He said taking a black box out of his suit. He handed it to Jackson. "Lieutenant Jackson, do the honors. I've already briefed you on the pods. I remind you, they are on every block. Our unit has been given a holo." Jackson handed me a pill. " a database that contains a detailed map of the Capitol and a list of every known pod." He then showed us the holo. "These pods can trigger from bombs to trap to mutts. We cannot move without this device. There's not guarantee that our database is complete. There could be new pods that we are not aware of. Because we don't want the gamemakers to know we have this Intel, it has a self- destruct on it. You flip this switch say 'nightlock' three times, and it blows itself and anything within a 10- foot radius.Stay within our unit. Even with the holo, it is likely that new pods have been set. Whatever they contain they are meant to kill you." He finished.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the 76th hunger games." Finnick muttered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've never seen this place so empty." Cressida remarked as we walked down some ruins.
"Just keep your eyes open." Boggs commended. He was in the front with the pods device. The device started to beep.
"Got one pod. Let's take over. " he told us. And we jogged behind 2 buildings.
"Shoot between this two buildings." He told Katniss.
"Pollux! Right here." Cressida told Pollux.
"Castor.Good. When you are ready Katniss."Cressida told her. She took an arrow and loaded her now ready to shoot.
"Pollux. Hold it. Tighter." Cressida interrupted.Katniss lowered her bow and waited for her to stop."Okay." She aimed and released the arrow. It went between the 2 buildings and suddenly fire was where the stoke was shot. We heard a sound and we saw a car fall. Soon everything was on fire. The the fire stopped.
"All clear." Boggs said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I don't think we can get across this minefield." Gale told us back in our tent with all the crew. Katniss passed the bottle of water to me and I took a sip of it.
"Not without that holo." I answered passing the bottle to Gale. "We're not gonna get it off him while he's awake."
"Let's make sure we are on the same watch tonight." Gale told the two of us, a worried expression crossed his face. Katniss nodded but I didn't do anything which caused him to look at me. We suddenly heard a car sound outside and we all looked to the direction. I saw Boggs standing up.
"Is that peacekeepers?" Someone asked. We all got up and Katniss took her bow with her.
"451 to base. We got a truck coming over from the south. Over." Jackson said to her walkie talkie. All of us kept walking towards the direction we heard the sounds from. "Stand down everyone. It's friendly." But no one paid attention to her and we continued walking. We came to a stop seeing a rather old car stop and someone coming out of it. I was looking over there curiously until something appeared. Or someone; Peeta. Katniss quickly loaded her bow and I felt Gale put an arm around my waist protectively. I loaded my gun as well. What? The guy had become a psychopath. Precautions needed to be taken. Peeta slowly walked towards us with two armed soldier walking behind him. I heard him mutter something. Something I had heard Katniss saying before.
"My name is Peeta Mellark. My home is District 12." Peeta repeated that those two sentences and he was coming closer but the soldiers stopped walking. I felt Gale's grip tightening on me and I aimed at Peeta with my gun.
"Okay, stop." Gale warned. He took his free hand and put it in front of him, a gesture of stopping him.
"Hold up. Everyone relax." Finnick told us, raising his hand and walking closer to Peeta.
"What are we doing?" Gale asked.
"Jackson, cuff him." Boggs ordered. Gale loosened his grip on me and Katniss lowered her bow. I followed Boggs and the others while Katniss didn't make a move. I saw her handcuff him and a part of me relaxed.

sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏʟᴀᴛᴡ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ɢᴜʏs. ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʙsʏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʙ ᴛʜᴇ ʙs ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ ᴡᴏɴ' ғɪ ʜᴇʀᴇ. ɪ' ʏ sᴏʀʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ.