Chapter Eighteen

Emme

The familiar pain in my chest came back, flooding my entire body. Heartbreak. 

Tears filled my eyes as I stared at the two, my boyfriend and best friend, making out. The two people I loved!

Claire was smiling, trying to hold in a laugh. She was as slutty as ever, her boobs basically hanging out of her short dress, stilettos on and flaunting. I could smell how drunk she was.

Michael was in shock, staring at Claire, then me. A wave of regret then crashed on his face as he met my eyes. I bit my lips, fighting back tears.

"Emme, I can-" Michael started, reaching out towards me.

"Get away from me!" I shrieked, running down the narrow hall way. What the hell? What just happened?!

"Emme!" he called, chasing after me. I ducked into the crowded living room, passing right through the middle of the whole dancing crowd. Tears were streaming down my face, heart aching.

Sam and Bethany stopped dancing and started to walk over, noticing something was wrong. No one else seemed to care, and kept on going on with what they were doing.

I wanted to die right there, just curl up in a tiny ball and die. Why is this happening? 

The room started to spin and twirl in so many different colors. My world was ending. It was crashing down on me, ruining every nice moment I've ever had.

"Emme, wait!" Michael said, catching up to me and grabbing a hold of my arm.

"LET GO OF ME!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. He quickly let go, and every one in the room stopped and stared in my direction. Someone had turned the music off. The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was trying to figure out what was going on.

The only noise was the sound of my uneven breaths as I sobbed.

"Please, let me explain," He begged, his face filled with regret and sorrow.

"Explain what?!" I screamed, "That your a selfish, cheating, liar?! I don't want to hear your disgusting excuses Michael!"

More tears streamed down my face, cheeks burning and chest pounding. A few people were whispering in hushed tones, others staring at us in astonishment. Wasn't this the happy couple two days ago during the basketball game? Wasn't this the guy who told the whole school he loved his girlfriend, the one who is now accusing him of cheating?

Yes, yes it is. Funny how life works out sometimes.

"Please, I swear-" He started, reaching out his hand. He stepped closer, trying to pull me into a hug.

"Don't you EVER come near me again! EVER!" I shouted.

"Listen to me, I'm begging you. I love you, Emme." His voice cracked at the end, and he looked at the ground, ashamed f himself.

"WELL I HATE YOU!" I cried. "I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!"

I ran out of the room, sobbing as harder as ever.

~~~

Michael

Bethany ran after her, giving me a glare as she went. Claire had long vanished, and everyone slowly went back to what they were doing.

I felt so ashamed of myself. How could I have not stopped Claire? How could I cheat on my girlfriend?! I love her! I love her with all my heart, ever since the day I've met her. Now, she hates me.