Chapter 4: An Unexpected, Kind Of Unwanted Claiming

Like always, please no haters. I'm still getting use to Wattpad. Please enjoy.

CHAPTER FOUR: AN UNEXPECTED, KIND OF UNWANTED CLAIMING
~A N N A B E T H   C H A S E~

While Percy wandered off to the arena to hack the training dummies apart, I was left by the sleeping girl's side, which gave me way too much time to think.

The girl who slept peaceful next to me had no idea what lay in store. From what we knew-which, admittedly, was not a lot-Rebecca had a good life. Back home, she probably had plenty of friends, a caring family. She might be doing well in school and loved life. Maybe she even had a boyfriend.

But I could tell that that was all going to change. Rebecca had no idea that she was actually the daughter of a Greek god, with powers beyond her wildest dreams. But, then again, from what she'd told us before, he dreams had recently gotten pretty wild.

It was on a boat. A rowboat, in the middle of an ocean.

Why would Rebecca see those images? I knew what she was talking about, unfortunately, and so did Percy. She'd seen our journey to the Sea of Monsters to find our satyr friend Grover and the golden fleece.

Was it simply that she'd arrived in Manhattan where Percy and I had had our fair share of experiences? Or was it something a little more complex? I didn't know and I really hated not knowing.

I slammed my fist against the porch railing in frustration, then winced as it made an echoing sound. Thankfully, the girl in the chair slept on.

Sighing heavily, I got up to find Percy.

~R E B E C C A   S T A R F L Y~

The next time I woke, I was alone.

I was still sitting in the chair on the porch, but I couldn’t tell if it was the same day or several days later. I looked over at the gold blanket in the pine tree on the hill, sparkling in the warm afternoon light. I breathed in the scent of the wind and felt the sweet taste of strawberries on my tongue.

A glass of that stuff, nectar, sat on the table next to me. I picked it up and nearly dropped the cold glass.

'Careful with that.'

Percy appeared from behind me. He studied me with those sea-green eyes of his. It was kind of unnerving.

I took a cautious sip from the glass, 'You’re definitely the boy I saw.'

'Dreams like that happen to all of us,' he said. 'But I have no idea as to why you saw Annabeth and me.'

He raised an eyebrow at me expectantly, but I didn’t know any more than he did. Probably less, actually.

I shrugged helplessly, 'I don’t know. It started as soon as I got to my hotel.'

'Where were you staying?'

I frowned, wondering why it mattered, 'The Plaza.'

Percy’s eyes widened and he looked pained.

'You’ve been there?' I asked him.

He lowered his head, 'Yeah, it wasn’t pleasant.

I felt horrified, 'It’s a beautiful place!’

'Of course it is,' Percy amended quickly. ‘It’s just that my experience wasn’t pleasant. I was there briefly during the second Titan War.'

'Second Titan War,' I mumbled in a daze.

That didn’t make a whole deal of sense to me, then again, nothing did right now. The Titans were those guys from my Greek mythology books; the parents of the gods.