Prologue: Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

PROLOGUE: REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

She had been waiting so long.

The woman held the baby girl tentatively. The freeze had done more than stop time, it had reversed it.

The baby began to cry, and the woman shushed her gently. If her plan was to work, the girl had to live. She would send the baby to a place far beyond the gods power. By the time her father had found her again, she would have grown up and started a new life.

The girl would never remember what had happened all those years ago. She wouldn't remember her father, or her mother, or anything. She would believe everything around her.

It was essential that she went to the camp and found her brother. If she didn't, it was no loss. But it would be so much more satisfying to eradicate both the children of her greatest enemy. The girls father had taken everything the woman cared about. She had spent years in the Underworld, in pain, begging to remember.

But she never did.

Now, the time had come to strike back at her enemy. He would pay for what he did to her. It wasn't enough, what happened all those years ago. He though he could hide his daughter away. But she found her in the end, she always did.

Her revenge would have to be planned carefully; step by step. She would have to be patient and crafty. Her powers would help.

She wondered what could be done about the girls father. If he told her everything, the girl might remember before her plan had a chance to work. That would ruin everything. No, she would have to put barriers in place. It would take a long time, longer than she wanted. But it was worth it.

Her revenge would be perfect. She would crush her enemy and his children, finally basking in the victory and vengeance she'd been longing for.

The Titan laughed coldly. Fitting, after all, revenge is a dish best served cold.