Chapter Three

Flynn slowly unsnakes his arm from my waist and removes his hand from my eyes.

"Sorry if I scared you. I was just messin' around."

I should be mad, but I'm not. A slow smile sneakily spreads across my face as I slide into the passengers seat.

"About the tutoring thing, should we just stop at the park?"

I nod and fire a quick text to my mom.

As soon as the Commander stops I jump out and run for the swings. Instead of getting on the swing, I kick off my shoes and shimmy up the pole. When I reach the top I swing my legs over and sit on the top pole, where the chains of the swing are connected to. I dangle my now bare feet and stick my tongue out at Flynn, silently challenging him.

"You're a tease, Hale!"

His defined muscles show as he pulls himself up the pole. At the top he swings himself over and scoots next to me. "Listen, Hale I'm feeling kinda guilty. I actually know Sign Language I took it at my old school. I just didn't really know how else to ask you to come here with me"

I can feel the blush creeping up my cheeks. "So, since we're here I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go see a movie or something this weekend?"

My stomach flip-flops. Does he really like me? Is this a bet? Is he using me? Am I getting played? But, what's the worst that can happen?

I nod my head. Flynn smiles. "Can I have your number? You know... To text you? He hands me his phone and I type in my number, and vise versa.

We sit on top of the swings in silence. I lose track of time. The "click" of a camera snaps me out of my trance. "Contact picture" Flynn says, shrugging.

I slide down from the swings and fetch my shoes. I lace them up, wave to Flynn and start walking back home.

A police cars speeds by me, and I get worried. I live in a small town. I think we have the smallest crime rate in the country. We've had exactly one murder, two suicides, and one robbery. If the police are involved, it must be pretty ugly.

My heart almost stops when I see the cars sitting in my drive. I panic. Mom comes over to me and cries. "Kaylee." She whispers, holding back tears.

"Kayce is missing"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys:P this is a filler! Sorry I've been so busy I haven't been able to update. Hope you like. Comment and vote!!