Underneath-Chapter 6

"Five minutes to show, Adam!" One of the crew members notified me.

"Okay, I'll be ready." I said to him.

He closed the door to my dressing room and I glanced at myself one last time in the mirror.

I was putting on a concert tonight with my band and my backup vocalists as well as my dancers.

There was a high demand for us to return since "Trespassing" came out and when the "Glam Nation Live" tour ended a couple of years ago.

And now that we had a date that worked out perfectly for all of our busy schedules, we were able to get together and make a concert happen.

We had a full house and the crowd was anxious for the show  to start.

The screaming was so loud, I could hear it from backstage.

After checking hair and makeup one last time, I walked out of the dressing room and met up with the rest of my band along with my backup vocalists and dancers in the wings.

They were all ready to go.

Once the time came around for the show to start, we went out together.

The crowd had so much energy!

We still had yet to go through one song and they were already dancing.

The atmosphere in that small space lifted the room so high and it pushed me further to put on a great performance.

We performed about three or four songs and I decided to talk with the crowd as my band got ready for the next set of songs.

"How is everyone doing tonight!?" I asked my Glamberts with an enthusiastic tone.

They screamed at the top of their lungs.

I smiled.

"I wanted to thank you guys for staying with me from the beginning! Your support has been so amazing! And I feel that this is only the beginning. I feel that there are going to be more events, more concerts, and it's going to be so great! I can't thank you enough for sharing my vision and I feel so fortunate to have you guys as my Glamberts." I said to them.

Another uproar from the crowd and another smile.

In the midst of the screaming, I looked behind me to check on my band.

Everything was in place and once my band was ready, we started the next set of songs.

After performing more songs off of "Trespassing" and a few cover songs along with introducing my band and background vocalists as well as my dancers, I turned my attention to my Glamberts one last time.

"So the last song we're going to do tonight is being performed due to a high demand. If you guys remember, I performed in a life ball some time ago and sang a song."

The cheers instantly got louder.

I laughed.

"And since you guys have wanted me to perform it live again, we're going to do it tonight. Here we go!"

The music started and the cheers got to the loudest level they had been the whole night.

Once the chorus dropped, I looked out into the crowd.

I could see people of all shapes, sizes, and ages jumping and dancing to the heavy beat that "Love Wins Over Glamour" had.

Moments like that humbled me so much.

It was beautiful to see different races, beliefs, sexual orientations, and ages coming together and partying with one another and I couldn't imagine it being any other way.

I turned around briefly and saw my band, backup vocalists, and dancers working together to make the show so great.

And that moment, I came to a realization.

I had been so fortunate to have what I did.

I didn't have to have such an amazing band, talented backup vocalists, and some of my greatest friends as my dancers.

It reminded me to be thankful for the people I had in my life.

I wouldn't be who I am without them.

I would never want to take advantage of anyone the Universe made me cross paths with because each individual played an important role in my life as I traveled on this journey and I had been given people who were able to keep peace even though we were so different from one another.

As the musical interlude approached in "Love Wins Over Glamour," I got close to my dancers and  performed some choreography with them.

The crowd went wild and there was an increase of camera flashes.

I wasn't much of a dancer, but as long as I had my friends guiding me, I was able to do the moves necessary to make this performance memorable.

The chorus started back up and the song came to a close.

I was exhausted, but I felt more happiness and satisfaction in knowing that I had given the Glamberts what they paid for along with such a great group of talented people.

"Thank you for such a great night, Indiana!" I said over the microphone and blew a kiss out to the crowd.

We left the stage with a thunderous applause and once we were in the wings again, I said to my band, "Hey, can you guys wait for a minute before putting your equipment away?"

"Yeah." A couple of them said.

"I just wanted to say thank you so much for making this performance so great tonight! I wouldn't be anything without you guys and I feel incredibly grateful to have a band that not only helps make every performance we do so good, but are also like a family to me. I love you guys!" I said to them.

They all smiled and thanked me in return.

We went our seperate ways after all the words of love and appreciation and I went back to my dressing room.

I got my stuff together, shut off the lights, and joined back up with my band.

We had a flight we needed to get on to get back to California so after everyone checked to make sure they had everything, we got into a limousine and headed to the airport.