Underneath-Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning to my phone vibrating because of a text message.

I flipped to my side and clumsily grabbed it off the desk nearest my king-sized bed.

Once I opened it, I saw a text message that Sauli had sent me and I read it.

He had made breakfast for me.

I smiled as I sent him a message back to let him know that I was on the way down.

I was hoping that I would be able to talk with him since I had gone on a complete vocal rest last night because of what happened at the funeral.

It would be nice to be able to hold a conversation.

"Good morning!" Sauli said to me, his accent coating his words.

I smiled and nodded.

"Breakfast is on the table. I'm not sure of what you need to drink so I left that up to you. I hope you enjoy it!" He said.

"Thank you!" I said, lowly.

"You're welcome!"

He left out of the kitchen and I got a bottle of room temperature water.

I was relieved to know that I could talk, even if it wasn't exactly strong.

Soon after I sat down, Sauli came back in, browsing the internet on his phone.

"How's your family?" I asked him.

He sat across from me and placed his phone on the granite table.

"They're doing great! We've had a few mishaps, but what family doesn't have them? We haven't had a full-blown argument since the last time I was here. Everybody seems to be taking up peace and harmony again." He responded.

"That's great to hear! I know that one argument that flared up was very bad." I said.

I took a sip of my water.

"These eggs are so good!" I said, eating a spoonful of them.

Sauli giggled.

"You're welcome!" He said, smiling.

I finished what he made and he took my plate up.

"Awww, thank you!" I said to him.

"No problem!"

After tightening up the sash on my robe, I opened up a silk curtain to one of my windows and looked outside.

The sky was clear with a rich sapphire color and the sun was out with the wind blowing ever so slightly.

It was a beautiful day.

"You know, I haven't been to the beach in a while. Do you want to go to the beach with me, Sauli?" I asked, turning to him.

"With everything that's happened, I need to get out and relax."

He placed a glass in the dishwasher and considered my question for a moment. 

"Sure! I'll have to get my swimwear, but I would love to! I haven't been to the ocean in some time." He responded, closing the dishwasher up.

"Fantastic! I'll take you by your house so you can get what you need and then we'll head out." I said, closing the curtain.

"Sounds great!" He agreed.

After getting my things together, we went by his house to get his swimwear and we drove to the coastline.

Since southern California didn't have too much of a distinction in the seasons, no harm would come to anyone because of the weather being too cold and windy.