Baby is coming

Sunday morning and I’d woken up to a beautiful smell of a fry up. I rushed down the stairs and my mum, dad and Zeke were sitting up the table, mum pointed to a plate which I grabbed. It had all my favourite things on including a big pile of fried mushrooms. I joined and sat next to Zeke. “Mum you are the best!”

She laughed, “Thanks Heavenly.”

Soon the men had finished leaving me and my mum at the table, we were both still eating. “So how come you decided to cook this?” I asked as I poured a glass of orange juice and smiled at my mum.

“I dunno I need to keep busy. I’ve been in pain all night. I have a feeling this little girl is going to be early.” Mum was happy at the thought, I knew she loved babies. “I better start thinking of names.”

“Oh mother, a little girl, I’m going to have a little sister.” I beamed proudly as it sunk it for the first time during my mother’s pregnancy. Admittedly I’d been too wrapped up in my own business to worry about my mum and her growing bump. Now I was excited about what was going to happen next, I mean it was almost time for her to give birth, that scared me, I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to give birth, kids is scary stuff.

“Well done Heavenly, this has been a bump for 8 whole months, where has your head been?” Mum laughed at me as I put some bacon in my mouth. “You will make a great sister.”

“I already am a great sister to Zeke.” I smirked.

Mum giggled, “Really?”

I laughed, it was nice to be like this, finally be normal with my mum again. I loved the girl chats with had. It made me smile.

Monday came around quick and I was back at school, luckily Zeke was lending me his car, he was sometimes such a nice brother and I loved him for letting me borrow it. But as soon as I arrived at school and saw Shay and Shannon talking at Shay’s locker I wished I hadn’t came to school.

I walked passed them and got to my locker, I opened it and grabbed my games kit, again lessons had changed depending on what week it was. First lesson was PE/games. One of my least favourite lessons because it involved physical activities.

I walked down the to changing rooms and got changed alone in the corner into a pair of black trackie bottoms and a white tee shirt, I pulled on a pair of nike trainers and headed to the hall where I was greeted by Leo, Roary and Ollie. “Miss Heavenly, where have you been again?” Leo asked as we four leaned against the wall.

“You know me, doing what I do best, nothing at all.” I smirked.

“So skiving then?” Roary laughed.

I nodded, “I needed time away but I finally feel alot better now.”

I watched as Shannon and Shay came into the hall and went and stood with the popular bunch of girls, I wondered what their plans were because from where I was sitting it didn’t look great.