Gina

This was one of the first people I interacted with in high school.
We sat at the same table in Earth Science first semester freshman year.
She had this i will do what I gotta do to survive mentality that i fell in love with.
She was one of those people that seemed really standoffish but once you got beneath the surface you love her.
How can someone be so fragile yet so rough?
I liked her better as a blonde but she went through many hair colors. She was also my first friend with piercings.
Our one bonding experience was a walk home from the park in 10th grade.
She told me everything about her such as where she came from & why she's the way that she is. She wanted to be a dancer & to open up her own dance studio at one point in time.
She told me that she wasn't in a relationship because boys are drama & at the time i was "in love" & tried to convince her that not all boys are toxic.
Then 11th grade came & we naturally grew apart. She kept me posted on her life & her relationships then she stopped coming to school. I know why but to the people not close to her it seemed like she vanished.
I never realized how big of a role she played in my high school experience until she wasn't there anymore.
No she didn't die she's living her life & i could only hope shes the same strong minded, stubborn, goofy individual that she was for the three years i had the pleasure of knowing her.

Sometimes people will not like you & you cant do anything about it BUT if you're lucky there will be that one person that talks to you & gives you the benefit of the doubt when others look down on you. For me she was that one person. Gina also taught me that it is perfectly fine to be to yourself. A Lot of the time people will ask you why you aren't interacting with others. Its okay to just not want to deal with people. But she always said "you should let someone in because when you're going through whatever i guarantee you will wish you had people down for you. Sometimes one person isn't enough. Sometimes you need 3 or 4 friends." & needless to say she was right.