➹chapter three

➹ chapter three

After about thirty minutes of telling the male nurse about her misadventures in the academy, she asks for his name. She sitting up in her bed and him at the corner of it.

"My name? It's William but my friends usually call me -" He gets cut off by Audra who responds before the speed of sound.

"Will? Is it Will? If it's not Will I don't know what I'll do with myself." She lets out a laugh for the first time in days. He does too.

"Sarcastic one now are we? Well, I want you to get proper care so that means you getting some rest." He removes himself from her bed and heads toward the door.

"Will you come back tomorrow? I'm asking because I need someone." She asks as she adjusts herself on the bed more comfortably.

"To talk to?" He adds to her question, while opening the door.

"No, just someone. So?" She asks again, now looking at him.

"Yeah, I'll put you on my schedule. I'll see you tomorrow, Audra." He turns and goes out the room.

Audra lays her head back on her pillows, starting to drift off from her long day. She does drift off, for how long she doesn't know. But when she comes to, she sees her friends outside her room. Regan and Margot, sitting in the visiting chair. Smiling, Audra goes back to sleep.

It's not until Audra wakes up to the bright daylight that she hears Margot and Regan, going at it. And not going at it like, making out, but like an argument. She pushes herself up, eyes barely open, arms almost at full strength. They don't stop for anything either, until Vella comes into the room.

"You guys, can you please just do this outside? She's gonna hear you." Vella whispers at them, more like an order.

"Not until Margot promises me that she won't go and get herself killed." Regan answers back, in a non inside voice.

"I can't do that. You know I can't do that. I have to do what is right, Regan!" She raises her voice, which is unusual for her.

"Well if doing the right thing gets my girlfriend killed I'm not gonna let you do it." He shouts as he walks pass her and out the door.

Margot lets out a weep and sits down in the chair. Vella, walking over, hugs her. They must have been connecting these past few days. While Audra has been in this hospital bed, feeling guilty. As they are embracing, Audra finally speaks up.

"What is he trying to keep you from doing?" She says her arms crossed against her chest

"Audra, when did you get up? How are you doing? You're not hurting right?" Margot stumbles as she gets closer to her.

"Margot Davis Fallen, You better tell me what is going on, or so help me god!" She pipes up and threatens her.

"I was going to meet with the government to get our friends back, to stop this." Margot replies, not looking at Audra.

"You can't do that, I won't let you. We'll figure this out another way." She tells her, looking straight at her.

"Told you. No one's gonna let you do it. Not even me. So, when we do come up with a plan you'll look back on this." Vella says, walking up to the other side of Audra, looking at Margot.

"I want to say sorry for yesterday, I was just wounded up and everything. I'm sorry." Audra apologizes to them both.

"It's okay. Let's just figure this out and get back to being a family again." Margot mumbles to her.

Audra gets up out of bed, still straining but not showing, and hugs her best friend and her sister. Audra knows that a part of her is gone. After she pulled that trigger, after she pushed Jared. But she knows that no matter what, the person she was will still be Margot's Best Friend and Vella's big sister and Regan's Little sister.