☢chapter nineteen

☢ chapter nineteen

As the group made it to the second to top floor, they got ready. This was easy, demand Audra and get out. As the elevator opened up, it was revealed. Workers, at their desks, actually working. The group started screaming for everyone to get down and tell them where their boss was.

About five minutes into their 'takeover' they realized they'd reached a dead end. Everyone was silent as Vella started screaming.

"God! Every fucking time! One step forward, a million steps back! Fuck!" Vella sighs and she closes her eyes and rubs her temple.

"Woah! Vella calm down, if she's here-" Olly starts to tell her but she loudly cuts him off.

"No! Olly! No! She's not here! She was never here! God! I'm so stupid!" She screams at herself, kicking a copy machine in the process.

"Vella! Elevator! Now!" Ballele screams to her and points her to the machine.

As the two enter, Ballele calms her down. She makes sure that she's really okay before the two almost leave the elevator. That's when Vella looks at the buttons again. Why would someone put tape over a button and say do not press? What's up one level? Maybe that's where Audra is.

Vella sticks her head out the elevator and calls her friends. They all gather near the elevator, not going in.

"Why not press this button?" Vella smiles at them.

"Um, maybe because it says do not- oh!" Chelle smiles at her mistake.

Vella steps out the elevator and goes up to a male worker and asks them. "What's going on with the 70th button?"

"Please, we don't' wanna go down with you. Please, we have families!" He pleads with her, his hands up.

"We're not going to turn you against your boss, just tell us." She bends down and looks him in the eyes.

"I- I just did." He stutters as he bows his head down.

"Wait what? Down? But it's the top-" She interrupts herself as she walks to the elevator, leading everyone in.

"So, what are we doing? Audra's not up here but what if she's on another floor?" Margot asks her.

"She is- well she isn't up here she'd down there. That's where gonna go." Vella tells them, pressing the taped button.

"Vella!" Chelle shrieks at her, confused and terrified of what the button does.

"Relax, it's gonna take us to where Audra is." Vella says as the elevator shifts and goes down.

After that everyone lets out a sigh, getting ready for the real battle. No one was really prepared, but they were willing. As the elevator comes to a stop and the doors open, the crew got their weapons ready. As the door opened a big group of men and women dressed in black were waiting for them.

"Audra Roux. Where are you keeping her?" Regan shouts at the black dressed figures.

They don't answer, instead they lunge at them. This cause a full on attack. Men and women came at them from all sides. Regan was taking on two women, while Olly and Jared were throwing guys down left and right. Melona and Brenda were also taking on some men, and beating them. Zanara and Piona were slipping through the current war zone to find a way to Audra. Vella, Chelle and Kai were also doing the same. And that left Ballele and Margot who were taking on three men by themselves.

As Zanara, Chelle, Vella, Kai, Piona got past the attackers and close to the door an alarm sounded. When it did, the people who were fighting the rest of their friends just stopped. They placed themselves on a wall and stood down. With that, the rest of the group ran out of the elevator. They all walked to the end of the hallway, with the red door.

Barging in they entered the painting room. Everything was in place, except one painting. It was leaning against the wall, leaving the vent open.

"Some of us should split up. One group goes in there and the other goes through the door." Margot tells them giving them orders.

The crew splits into two, keeping in contact with walkie talkies. Group one consisted of Brenda, Chelle, Kai, Melona, Olly and Zanara. Next group, Ballele, Piona, Jared, Vella, Margot and Regan. Group one took the door and group two took the vent.