☢chapter thirteen

☢ chapter thirteen

With that, he slams the door. Audra starts looking around. How could it be her father? He was being tortured, beaten. She thought he was dead. Wasn't her mother looking for him too? Why would he come for her? And only her for that matter? What about Vella and Regan? Does he know that they're here with her?

From there it was a long drive. The guy told her about the spare clothes and shoes in the back, he gave her a meal and some apple juice. Nothing like how she was treated with the other goons. She was all alone in the back when Martha appeared.

"Audra! Score! Wow! Who would have thought you're father was after you?" She laughs, kicking her feet up.

"Shut up! Okay? I've had enough of this shit! I just want to-" Matha cutts her off.

"Live in peace," Audra nods her head "Well you're not gonna get that. I'm dead and so is a part of you!"

"What were you talking about before? About you and Jared?" She asks her, looking through the window.

"Oh, I guess you're ready. Me and Jared, we kinda hooked up. Sorry." Matha shrugs her shoulders.

"I can't be mad at you anymore. You're dead and this, you, you're my conscious." Audra tells her looking her right in her dead eyes.

"Thank you. I'll be around I guess." Martha smiles as she fades.

Audra lays her head down on her seat, her hair all laid out. Maybe, just maybe things would get better for her. She could forgive herself for killing Martha. The drive was a total of three hours. When they got there, the man shook her up. She got out from the car, seeing the so called base. It was a big building. She could see people working in their offices. Where was this base if there were people working on top?

The man took her inside, and they went inside the elevator. He pressed the top floor button and suddenly they were going down. Audra had to brace herself how fast they went down. As soon as they were down there, she saw the long dark hallway. She started walking but felt the man not walking behind her. She turned around and he just nodded at her to proceed.

She walked all the way to the end and there was a red door. This was it. She was going to see her father. She doesn't have any memory of him. She didn't have any of her mother either. As she pressed against the door, light beamed in her eyes. It was a blue room, with photo frames all around. The paintings were all beautiful and looked really pricey. Then from across the room she saw a man. He had brown hair, and what seemed to be brown eyes.

She almost lost herself running to him. She ran up to him but stopped when she was at arm's distance. Then she hugged him. She felt at home in his arms. Just like in her mother's, home.

"Audra, my princess, I'm so glad to see you." He says smiling from their hug.

"Me too, dad. I- I don't know what to say." She tells him as she smiles and looks into his eyes.

"Don't say anything, just come with me." He puts his arm around her and guides her out the room.

From there, they headed into some park, but they were indoors. Right? She looked around, catching everything. There were children on swings, on playsets, runnin around. One of them tagged her and started running. She ran after them, playing with all them. Her father, watching her from the bench. He missed this, all of this. Her growing up.

After five minutes of being worn out by the kids, Audra joined her father on the bench.

"Dad, I know you missed this with me, but you still have more years with me." she tells him, patting his shoulder.

"I want to talk to you about that and so much more. But- uh, I get this feeling I'm missing something still." He asks her, his face filled with questions.

"You are," She looks at him, his eyes turning hazel, "It's not just- you- We."

"Audra, I think I'll be okay with whatever you tell me." He states and smiles to her.

"I have a brother, Regan and a sister, Vella. You have two other kids." She answers him.

Suddenly the whole atmosphere of the room changed, along with Audra's Father. The kids stopped everything. Laughing, Smiling, playing, speaking. The trees rattled. Her father was unstable. He was shaking, he looked furious. He started screaming.

"YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! THIS IS NO LONGER A GAME! I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU!" He shouts, looking up at the ceiling.