➹chapter five

➹ chapter five

As the girls are talking about actually girl time stuff, which guns are close by, who they were trained by and etc. they start talking about the missing students. Before the girls can finish their conversation, the door bursts open. Regan comes bursting through with Ballele, Melona, Zanara, and Chelle.

"Margot, Vella we gotta go, right now." Regan says as he reaches for Margot.

"Where are we going? What's happening?" Vella says as she starts heading to the door.

"Fallon got a call, he thinks that-" Zanara looks at Audra, "Just come on, we'll explain later."

"Wait wait! Tell me what's going on!" Audra looks at them. "Someone tell me please."

"Look, we'll come back, we have to go. Like now!" Ballele shouts at them, running out the door, grabbing Ballele's hand.

"Guys! Guy-" Audra hears the door slam behind her friends.

What the hell is happening? Was it the government attacking again? Did they kill someone? Why would they all run out if they hadn't? Audra lets out a sigh. But it turns into a small sob and before she knows it, she's crying. Her tears, streaming down her face, her heart beating out of her chest. Who is dead because of her?

Audra, being unaware of her surroundings, doesn't hear Will come into her room. Neither did she hear him calling her.

"Audra! What- Are you okay? Are you hurt? What's happening?" He says as he drops the bag in his hand and embraces her in a hug.

"No, no no. I'm not okay, I'm useless, I'm so stupid." She starts screaming, panting. "How could I let this happen?"

"What? What?" He looks at her, still crying, still not listening. "Audra, listen to me, you're gonna be okay."

"They killed someone, just because they wanted me. This is all my fault." She says, now clinging to Will and crying into his chest.

"Who killed someone? The people you were talking about the other day?" He asks her as she nods her head. "It's okay, you don't know for sure."

"No, they all left because someone got hurt or killed and it was all because I didn't turn myself in." She whispers to him, still in his chest.

"Listen to me, Audra Listen," He lifts her head up out of his chest. "I'm right here, with you. I'll stay with you until-"

"Stay with me. Just stay with me, please." She pleads her eyes, still spilling with water.

"Okay, I'll stay, I'll stay with you." He says using his hand to rest her head back on his chest.

That's how Audra spent her night. In a hospital bed, with Will, crying about a fallen student. It's not how she would have wanted to spent it, but that's how it went. When morning came, she was still uneasy. Will had to restrain her from leaping out of bed and running to find her friends. That didn't come easy either. But when she did finally calm down, she actually talked about her feelings. He was really surprised that she opened up to him. Well, not that she did but how fast she did.

Audra, was still uneasy about the situation. She wanted to be there but a part of her didn't A part of her felt guilty about not giving in. Not giving up and surrendering herself. But she didn't want to die. She didn't want any of the others to die either. None of this was a part of the plan, there was no plan to begin with. She wasn't prepared for this, no one was. Later on at lunch, it was silent. Will had went to go get her some food, leaving her with Martha and the ghost of whoever died last night.

"Aw, honey, had a bad night?" Martha walks around her bed. "I know."

"You're not really here, you're not real." She says, turning away from her, "Just go away."

"I can't, neither can they." Audra looks back to see Brenda, Vic, Olly, Piona, and Rema all gathered around her.

"What the hell is this?" Audra mutters as she pushes herself further from the edge, from her friends.

"One of you friends died last night Audra, don't you care?" Martha asks her, pointing to the group.

"Of course I care. Their my friends for god sakes!" She screams at her.

"So why didn't you turn yourself in? Or meet with them at least?" Martha giggles "It's the least you could- you should've done."

"I I'm in a hospital, I 'm hurt." Audra says back to her.

"No you're not hurt. You're over hear playing F.R.I.E.N.D.S with Will, speaking of is there something going on there?" She asks her twirling her hair, which still has blood in it.

"No there's nothing going on-" Audra shifts to get more comfortable on her bed.

"Lie! You like him! What happened to Jared? Is he still on the outs?" She grips the end of the bed, her hands covered in blood. "Oh! can I have him? Well, I kinda-"

"You can't have him, you're dead. And- what do you mean by kinda?" Audra starts getting a little tempted to kill her again.

"Well, there was that one night of sweet dreams in his room, but I don't think you need that right now honey." Martha smiles as she starts to fade away.