Chapter Five

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter! ^~^

[Third Person POV]

Challenge---Accepted!

The blonde strolled casually through the street, glancing around to each stall and vendor, wondering what she was in the mood for. Turning her gaze to a specific restaurant, her eyes sparkled with happiness. Clasping her hands together admirably underneath her chin, she thought, Yakiniku Q, then quickly made her way toward the building.

"Oh my. You can smell the barbecue right when you walk in!" she said in a sultry voice as she stepped through the door and took in all the delightful scents that filled the air.

"Hey! I said that I'm joining that meat eating contest and that I'm going to win it!" shouted the husky, light-brown spiky haired boy in a green shirt-like jacket, as he'd slammed his fist down on his table.

The blonde's curiosity got the best of her, so she coolly walked over to the young boy's table. "Excuse me?" she timidly asked.

An extremely tan man with short black hair, who appeared to be in his late twenties, with a freshly lit cigarette peered over at her. She had been so quiet that no one else had heard her soft tone. "Yes?" he inquired, raising an eyebrow at the young girl.

The other three, who were sitting at the table as well, stared up at her with confused eyes.

"I heard you say something about a meat eating contest. Where are they holding it?" she asked the young boy with the red swirls on each of his cheeks.

"They're holding it here, of course!"

The boy with the brown spiky ponytail glanced over at her and groaned. "Don't tell me you're planning on competing too."

"Mhm, I plan to dominate as well." she said, sending them a cocky smirk.

"What?!" exclaimed the husky boy as he stood from his seat and sent electric shocks through his fiery glare at the girl standing next to their table.

The blonde returned the sparking glare. "What's the matter, hm? Don't like the thought of a girl winning in an eating contest?!" she mocked, jabbing a finger at his chest.

The boy then released a hungry war cry. "Ahhh! That's it!" he shouted. His outburst had caused a girl sitting at the table across from him to sweat drop as well as the people at his own.

The light blonde haired girl with the high ponytail and fringe parted over her right turquoise eye at the boy's table looked up at the eccentric Midori standing next to their table. "Um, if you don't mind me asking: who are you?"

The girl's forest eyes stared blankly for a moment before she answered, "My name's Midori, and who might you guys be?"

"Well, I'm Ino." chirped the perky blonde.

The lazy boy then peered up to Midori. "Shikamaru."

"I'm Asuma---their squad leader." said the dark-haired man, nodding his head.

"I'm Chōji Akimichi and you're going down!"

Midori stared at him, determination in her eyes. "You wanna bet?!" she reprimanded in an irritated voice.

"Okay! Your food's here!" exclaimed the waitresses carrying the trays full of uncooked meat.

Midori and Chōji both leapt for their seats, chopsticks in hand, clicking them together in excitement with a scary gleam in each of their blazing eyes.

"The person to consume the most, wins a week free of barbecue from here!" barked the announcer. He waved his hand downward as if it were a green flag. "Go!"