Chapter 11

"So Emily is going with me and we will meet you there." Axel spoke.

"Yea, and I texted Ryan and Dominick. They are coming, too." Sarah said.

Since Axel heard about our plans to go to the beach, Caitlyn thought it was customary to invite him, and might as well invite Ryan and Dominick.

Axel of course said okay and said he wanted me to ride with him. I argued with him but he wouldn't budge, so I ended up losing the fight.

Sarah and Caitlyn got in her car and I got on Axel's bike. We drove off and I held on tight to Axel as we drove. I absolutely loved riding on his bike. I felt so free when I was on it.

I removed my hands from his torso and let them enjoy the cool breeze that flowed the ought my hair. I let out a giggle or two from this, I even heard Axel chuckle. It was a strange noise to hear from him. I usually just see Axel smirk and give snarky remarks.

We arrived at the beach around 2:00. It was completely dead, except for a couple of ditchers and old folks.

Sarah, Caitlyn, and I pulled out our bathing suits we purchased at the mall after purchasing my dress. Axel didn't know we were going to the beach on such late notice, so he just said he would wear his boxers. They were like men's bathing suits, right?

Ryan and Dominick arrived almost an hour later. And Sarah was mad. When they got here she started to rant on and on to them.

"Where were you?! We have been standing here for an hour!" Sarah screamed at Ryan and Dominick.

"We would have been here earlier but Mrs. Pat wouldn't shut up about geometry and her husband leaving her." Ryan explained.

"Fine. Let's just get in the water." She said, turning and causing her hair to fly at Ryan's face.

Sarah, Caitlyn, and I went to a little hut to change into our suits and walked out. My swim suit was black with pink pocka dots, Sarah's was blue, and Caitlyn's was yellow and orange tie-dye.

I saw Dominick and Ryan staring at us as we walked out and Axel glance at us.

Everyone walked to the water, but stopped when I screamed. Dominick picked me up from behind and held me over his head. My screams seemed to nothing as everyone laughed at me struggling.

"Put me down! Dominick!" I screamed at him as I tried to hit him.

"Okay, princess. If that's what you want." He said. I really should have chosen my words better...

"Wait-" I started but was cut short by the chill of the ocean all over me. I swam up wards and took a deep breath of air. Everyone laughed at me, I just narrowed my eyes at Dominick and started to walked towards him.

"Oh Crap." He said. He ran away from me as I chased him all over the beach.

"Come back here!" I shouted at him as we ran.

I picked up my pace and jumped on top of Dominick, causing me to topple on top of him. We both fell into the sand, covered from head to toe.

We laughed and wrestled in the sand for a while, until I pinned Dominick to the sand. Our breaths were heavy and my hands stayed planted to Dominick's wrists.

"I win." I said with a bragging smile. I let go of his hand and stood up.

"Okay, okay. You got me." He said. "Next time I won't let you win so easily."

I pushed him playfully and ran back into the water. We all enjoyed ourselves in the water playing games, splashing each other, and just having fun.

I noticed Axel get out of the water and sit down on the towel Sarah brought. I guess Sarah and Caitlyn planned for us to come here, since they had all of the supplies for it.

I walked out of the water and sat next to him. "Hey. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea. I'm just taking a break from the water." He said, staring off into the ocean.

I stared to and took in a deep breath. The sun was going to set soon and I thought about the night time coming near. That's when I remembered something.

"Oh my god! Axel you missed detention! Mrs. Wilson is going to be so pissed at you! Maybe if we just-" my ranting and planning was cut short by Axel.

"Emily. Don't worry about it. It's just one detention. It's not the end of the world. I also told mom and dad that I had detention till 4 and you and me were going to stay late and study. So don't worry about it." Axel explained. I let out a sigh in relief.

"Wow. You thought of everything." I said and awe. Axel chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." He stated. I gave him a look. "Really, it's nothing. It's just your so amused by me. As if I'm the most interesting book in the world."

"Well, I haven't read the whole story, but I have a feeling there's going to be an amazing ending." I smiled at him.

He smiled at me. It wasn't a smirk or some other amused expression. It was a real smile from Axel.

"What?" He said, suddenly his smile dropping to the floor.

"I've never seen you smile before. It's nice." I said honestly. Axel seemed surprised by my answer and stood up uncomfortably.

"The sun is setting. I think we should be heading home, don't you?" He held out a hand for me, helping me stand up.

"Oh. Yes. Mom and dad are probably wondering where we are." I brushed off the remaining sand on my body and put on my clothes, Axel did the same.

Axel announced that he was going to take me home and that we would see them tomorrow. Everyone said their goodbyes and we left. Axel gave me a helmet and I got on. Then we drove back home.

I have to say, I have never been so happy to be holding someone in my life.