I Told Myself I Wouldn't Fall For You; Sweeran

Chapter Four; Maybe Just A Little.

"Come in!" I yelled to Ed who was waiting by the door to come inside. The door opened and he stepped inside with a drawstring bag on his back and a smile on his face. "Hey" I said.

"Hi Taylor, how've you been?" He asked, coming over to the couch I was sitting on.

"Well, in the short time I haven't seen you, I've been quite good." I laughed. "Have you eaten lunch?" I asked him.

"No, but I'm not really hungry, its fine."

"You sure?" I asked again.

"Positive." He smiled.

"Well then how about we do something? You wanna go swimming? or we could like explore

Rhode Island." I motioned my hand in a magestic way making us both laugh.

"Well its really nice out today, I say we swim." Ed laughed.

"Awesome! I'll be changed into my swimsuit in my room, you can get changed here." I pointed to the downstairs bathroom. Ed picked up his bag and I went upstairs.

Moments later I came downstairs with a black and white striped bathing suit and my hair in a pony tail. Ed was waiting in the living room with black swim shorts and a T-shirt on.

"You ready?" I asked opening a small closet. "Did you bring a towel or do you need one?"

"Oh, I forgot one, if I could borrow one that'd be great." Ed said. I threw him a towel and grabbed one for myself.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed, opening the front door. We stepped outside and it was quite warm out. "I hope the water's warm." I laughed.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Ed replied.

I laughed and looked down, and soon we were at the waterfront. Ed and I laid our towels in the sand and began to get closer to the water. He stepped right in and I followed.

"OH my god that's so cold!!" I freaked out and Ed just laughed.

"Come on Taylor, don't be whimpy." Ed smiled. He grabbed my hand and made me go out deeper, making me squeal because of the ice water.

"Its so cold oh my god." I complained.

"Oh stop it, you'll get used to it when we get out deeper." Ed laughed, still pulling me out farther into the water.

"Okay okay okay." I shivered. "This deep is good."

"Okay, I can settle for that." Ed smiled, seemingly not affected by the freezing water.

It took a moment, before I realized neither one of us had dropped the others hand. I smiled and was suddenly overwhelmed by water.

"OH MY GOD." I yelled.

Ed was laughing "Maybe you should watch for waves, we are in the ocean you know." He continued laughing at me, now soaking wet. I just smirked, and entwined his hand with mine.

I have to admit, Ed was right. Eventually I got used to the water and it wasn't so cold. I could enjoy it a little more, as we laughed and jumped over waves, with no intention of letting the other ones hand go.

Eventually, we had to get out of the water before we grew gills. I had to let Ed's hand go as we stepped onto the sand and grabbed our towels. We made our way back up to my house and Ed stopped about mid way.

"Aw I totally forgot you had a pool, that what we shoulve done, I bet its ten times warmer." Ed laughed, making his way to the pool. Once there, he splashed his foot in the water checking the temperature, "Yeah Its definitely warmer." He stated, standing on the edge of the pool.

Well, I saw the opportunity, and I had to take it. I put both arms on Ed's shoulders and pushed him into the pool. He fell backwards making a splash. I couldn't help but laugh at Ed as he popped his head up above the water.

"Well that wasn't necessarily fair, Ms. Swift." Ed laughed. "I do believe you have to get in now."

"Do I really? I laughed.

"Yesss." Ed smiled.

"Fine." I jumped in making a splash, "No is it fair?" I asked.

"I suppose...." He laughed.

We spent a little while longer in the pool before once again grabbing our towels and making our way inside.

"Okay, you can get changed down here again and I'll go upstairs." I ran up the stairs and got changed into leggings and a sweater, something a little more comfortable. I walked down the steps and saw Ed was in a different pair of shorts and a T-shirt, I swore that was all he wore sometimes.

"Well, now what to do." I asked.

Ed started to reply but before he could finish my eyes lit up. "WAIT. Do you like S'mores?" I asked hopefully.

"Well who doesn't?" Ed replied.

"Yay!" I ran to the kitchen and grabbed matches and S'mores supplies. Yes, I could be considered eight years old by how excited I got over S'mores.

"Come out to the deck, I've got a fire place." I made Ed follow me. I threw some wood and paper in the fire and lit some matches. I watched the fire ignite and the air around us grow warmer. I handed Ed a stick and a marshmallow. I put my marshmallow above the fire, and ed stuck his marshmallow right into the fire, making it burst into flames He pulled it out and killed the flame. "s'more me." He laughed as I gave him graham crackers and chocolate. I made mine golden brown, as Ed continued to burn marshmallows.

Eventually, after our fingers were sticky with marshmallows and chocolate, we went inside for the last time that night. I sat on the couch, and Ed sat next to me. I flicked on the TV and there was some chick flick on it. I snuggled up to Ed, which neither of us found unnatural anymore. But, when we laced our hands together, it felt, different, and I wasn't supposed to fall for him. I shook the thought from my mind and focused on the movie. When it ended I went to talk to Ed before realizing he was asleep.

"Ed..." I whispered and his eyes fluttered open. "You fell asleep." I softly smiled.

"Sorry about that." He laughed.

"You can sleep here...." I trailed off. "...or if you get lonely you can come and stay in my room." I laughed.

"Well, if you don't mind, really...." He trailed off as well.

"Yeah, come on, it'll be fine." He sat up and followed me upstairs. I lead him into my room.

"Make yourself at home." I smiled.

He flopped down on the bed and laughed. I laid down next to him and he wrapped his arm around me. I almost instantly fell asleep, feeling safe. Maybe it was okay to love him just a little bit...