I Told Myself I Wouldn't Fall For You; Sweeran

Chapter Six; You'll Be Mine And I'll Be Yours.

We made small talk over coffee and breakfast, and it was as if nothing had happened between us less than an hour ago. Which was probably good because I was a bit nervous talking about it. Eventually one of us would bring it up because it couldn't end here, right?

Right.

When we got back to my house, I got Ed and I Iced Tea, and we sat out on the porch in the fresh morning air.

"So Taylor." Ed started.

"So Edward." I laughed.

"Define Love." Ed insisted.

"Okay...." I began. "Love is this beautiful, maddening perfect mess. When two people are in love, everything becomes different. You find the little things you love about one person." I continued, looking right at Ed, thinking about everything I loved about him. His eyes, how they focused on every word that came out of a persons mouth. And his messy ginger hair and how it made him unique. How he almost never went a day without complimenting someone. There was so much more to love about him too. "And silence. There's always that comfortable silence, where two people are so in love, they can sit with no words and be completely content and comfortable. And when they are so in love they can laugh at stupid things, that aren't even really that funny, but say, if one person smiles, it makes the other laugh. Love can be beautiful, but it can end in disaster as well. And that's the scary part." I finished off.

"Wise words from Ms. Swift." Ed said.

"Well, What's your definition of love?" I asked.

"Love. Hmm, Well. I think love starts out as best friends. I think when two people are best friends, they'll start to fall for each other at least a little bit. They might not like to admit it, but they will. I think love is singing a love song onstage together for 6 months and pretend to not fall in love. I think love is snuggling up together and watching shrek as 'just friends'. I also think love is having such strong feelings for someone that you don't want to fall for them because you can't risk losing them. I think that's love, because you love them SO much you never want to say goodbye, ever. But you can't fight feelings that strong. I think love is.... Taylor, love is us." Ed smiled. I sat there in awe for a minute at all he said because it was all so true. Love was us, we were love. We were in love. He was so right. I jumped up from my seat and Ed did the same. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same to him.

"Ed, We are love." I whispered to him.

"We are." Ed spoke. "Taylor..." He said, breaking our embrace.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Maybe this is too early, but it seems like such a perfect time, and..." Our eyes met and my heart started to race.

"Taylor, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked

"Yes!" I was so excited to hear those words, I threw my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Do you know how much I've wanted to hear those words?" I asked him

"Do you know how long I've wanted to ask you those words?" Ed teased.

I smiled and Ed did the same. I was the happiest I'd been in months, and nothing could put a damper on that. I grabbed Ed's hand and laced my fingers with his. "What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Well, its warm out, want to take a swim?" Ed suggested.

"Sure why not, wanna go to the pool this time?" I replied

"Sounds like a plan." He said in his British accent, and it was adorable.

I went upstairs and changed into my bathing suit and Ed did the same downstairs. I grabbed him and myself a towel and we headed down to the pool.

We sat our towels on the chairs on the side of the pool. Ed dived right in and motioned for me to do the same. I jumped in and was surprised by how comfortable warm the water was. I swam to Ed and he smiled as I approached him. He came up behind me and wrapped his arm around me, and kissed my cheek.

"I can't believe you're mine." He said.

I turned around and kissed him right there. "I can't believe you're mine and I can do that." I laughed.

We swam and swam, and at one point I went underwater and opened my eyes to see Ed doing the same. He waved at me, and his orange hair was swishing aroub in the water, causing me to laugh and then go up for air. He was adorable.

When we got tired of swimming, we sat on the edge of the pool with our feet in the water. Our hands were entwined, and everything was great.

"I love you Taylor." Ed said out of the blue.

There it was. That little piece that was missing, the little empty feeling I had left after Ed and I kissed for the first time, it was filled.

I shot Ed a glance, and replied.

"I love you too Ed, A lot." I rested my head on his shoulder. I could not ask for anything more in this moment.