I Told Myself I Wouldn't Fall For You; Sweeran

Chapter Fourteen;

At 5:16 pm, on Friday, February 6th, Jade Elizabeth Sheeran was born, weighing 6 lbs, 4 oz. She had strawberry blonde hair, and small fingers and toes that curled everytime she smiled, which was often for a baby.
"She's beautiful, like you." Ed said, wrapping his arm as far around me as he could, as he sat on the edge of the hospital bed, admiring his baby girl for the first time.
"Ed..." I whimpered.
"What, Taylor?" He said with a little bit of worry. "Is something wrong?"
"No, no. I'm just so happy." I began to cry, full on tears. "We're a family now." I looked into his eyes, which were filled with tears. "This is our baby girl." I smiled, tears pouring down my face. "This is everything I've ever wanted." I looked at her little lips, and her closed eyes, and the pink blanket wrapped around her.
"I love you both so much." Ed tearfully smiled. He softly brushed her tiny head. "Can I.... Hold her?" Ed asked.
"Of course." I smiled. I very gently and calmly handed the baby over to ed. I watched him admire every bit of her.

"Hello baby girl. I can't believe you're finally here. Mommy and I have been waiting for what seems like forever for god to give us this little angel." He held her like she was made of gold. "Mommy loves you a lot, you know. And daddy does too. You're beautiful just like your mommy. She's beautiful isn't she? She's going to spoil you rotten, you just watch." He smiled at her. "I love you Jade. And, I'll forever love you." He very carefully lifted her up to his lips and kissed her forehead. "Now, I'm going to give you back to mommy, because I'm sure she already misses you, even though you're right here." He looked up at me, and our eyes met. I was still in tears, and they seemed to flow harder now, after hearing how gentle and sweet he was to our baby.
"You're so sweet to her already, I could listen to you talk to her for hours." I said.
"It's all true, you know. She's.... Perfect." He moved in closer and placed Jade in my arms. He kissed me before moving back to his seat.
It wasn't until then that I noticed my parents had walked in, and were silently standing against the wall, smiling.
"Mom! Dad! Come look at our little angel." I said, excitedly. My mother was the first to walk over.
"She's so... Beautiful. She's a perfect mix of both of you. Congratulations guys. My baby is all grown up, and now she has a baby of her own, and I couldn't be more proud." My mom said, leaning down to kiss my forehead, and then Jade's. Her eyes were glistening, as she motioned for my father to come closer and get a better look. He came over, and looked down at the baby.
He didn't say too much, but when he said, "she is beautiful." He sounded all choked up.
After a little while, I let my mother hold our little angel, and we talked about everything and anything. She gave me some parenting tips, and I enjoyed listening to her. My father walked over to Ed and wrapped him up in a giant hug.
"Thank you for treating her so well. Don't stop what you're doing, and start training to be a diaper ninja, because if I know my daughter, she's going to bribe you into the dirty stuff." He laughed.
"Yes sir. Thank you for allowing your daughter into my life, I can't wait to open new doors with her and our daughter, I'll never let you down, sir." He smiled.
"Please, call me dad." My father chuckled. I always found it funny that even after 4 years of us being friends, 2 years of us dating, and now our first child, that ed still found it necessary to call my dad 'sir'. But I never said anything, because I always thought it was cute.
My parents stayed for about an hour longer, and then decided to leave.
"You can go home, babe, get a good rest, and then you can come back in the morning." I said.
"Taylor!" Ed said, as he walked Jade over to her infant bed in the hospital room. "I'm not leaving your side!" He exclaimed.
"But you look exhausted, you need sleep." I proclaimed.
"I can sleep right here." He said as he sat down in the blue chair next to my bed, after he was certain Jade was comfortable and warm.
"Fine. But if you get uncomfortable, you can leave." I said.
We fell asleep together a few hours later, I woke up numerous times in the middle of the night, but the last time I did, I looked over at my soon to be husband, and grabbed his hand and held it as I fell back to sleep, and I didn't wake up again until the morning. There was something so comforting about being assured that he was there, with me and our daughter.