Pumped Up Kicks

Jessie felt.... horrid. That was the only way to anyway encase the amount of terrible she had endured. She was sitting on the cold hard concrete floor of what she refused to call her room and listed as her cell in her head. Hitting her head on the wall she wondered about the time that passed. She lets her mind wander outside this room and to her old life. She continued to hit her head with a rhythm. She wandered to her mom. How much she was probably freaking out right now. She worried and worried wishing she could just send one message saying everything was okay. Even if it wasn't, she just missed her mother to no end and wants her to live pleasantly. She shifted so she was in a more comfortable position. As she did so some of her hair fell across her face, all matted together and covered in oil. What she wouldn't give for a shower and fresh clothes. Rubbing her eyes on her forearm she wondered what to do to pass time. How about try and escape? Some part of her brain told her. She stuck those thoughts away for later. To tired and broken to do anything else. Looking out of the corner of her eye she saw a strand of her hair that was all knotted up.

Sitting up she took hold of a strand and started slowly and carefully undoing the knots. She had spent was felt like a few hours undoing knots when she heard laughter. She froze instantaneously and listened for more noises. It was becoming louder. Jessie scooted over to the nearest corner and braced herself for anything. Finally the laughter stopped right in front of the door. She held her breath and waited, hoping they would walk away or even unlock the door let her out. She crouched into a running position. She didn't know which was better but she was hoping for the first option.

Suddenly the door was thrown open scaring Jessie and making her hiss and at the new light source that made her eyes burn. Slowly opening her eyes she saw Harley and Joker standing there observing the room. She couldn't look to good after her incident with the blood last night.

"Are you done having your melt down?" Joker asked as if he was talking to a six year old. "Why don't you come out and join us like normal lunatic!" Looking around Joker finally laid eyes on the girl standing in the corner. "Wow! Harley look at this." He said and hit her to get her attention before pointing over at Jessie who looked down. "Aren't you a pathetic sight!"

"Poor baby! Last night must have been wild." Harley giggled. "So. Are ya' gonna come out and be a part of the family or rot in this room? I know what choice I want." The blonde asked and crossed her arms. Jessie didn't look up or answer. She clenched her teeth together and stared directly ahead. She was too embarrassed about her appearance and angry about how they were treating her.

"Alrighty then. If that's the way you want to play this game. Come on, Harley." Joker said as he started closing the door.

"Wait!" Her voice was hoarse but Jessie bolted to the door and held her arm between the frame and the door. Joker smirked and looked over his shoulder.

"What is this?" Turning around he still held the door was leaving only a crack for her to be seen from. "You do want to join us?" Ashamed Jessie nodded and looked back at the ground. "Hm? What was that? I couldn't hear you." He said and started closing the door on her fingers.

"Ah! No please let me out!" Jessie quickly called out and tried to pry the door open off of her arm. She could feel its pressure bending her arm into ways she knew it wasn't supposed to go. Suddenly the door was flung off her arm.

"She said she wants to join us!" Harley stood there in front of Joker looking down onto Jessie with a wide grin. "Don't be such a party pooper." She turned to Joker bopping him on the nose as if he wasn't a psychopathic killer but a small child. She turns back to Jessie and whispers in her ear. "He's still getting used to this whole parenting thing. Doesn't have that maternal gene." Before hooking her arm in Jessie's and hauling her out of the room slamming the door behind her. Jessie jumped and went to fall to the floor when someone caught her. She saw the Joker was holding up her bicep in a tight grip. She stared at it wanting to burn it off. Harley and Joker burst out into a fit of laughter. Jessie was not amused and frowned.