chapter 9 - The Witch is Back

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/110815

1692

Salem, Massachusetts

Jail Cell

A turnkey opened a cell door in a jail.

Melinda Warren was there, seeing a warlock walk in. "Matthew."

"Hello, Melinda," Matthew told her.

"Why?" Melinda asked. "Why did you betray me?"

"You got what you deserved," Matthew told her.

"So you've never loved me?" Melinda asked. "All the passion, all the heat?"

"I had to make you trust me," Matthew told her. "It was the only way to share your powers."

"And so now you have them," Melinda told him. "So why would you turn me in? You know I'll burn."

"I had to keep my secret," Matthew answered.

Melinda pulled off a locket that was around her neck, throwing it at him. "Well, you can keep your trinkets, too."

Matthew picked up the locket. "I'll find another witch to give it to."

Melinda got an idea. "Maybe not."

Matthew took out a little piece of paper from the locket, which caught fire. He threw it down. "What magic is this?"

"I'm taking back the powers you stole from me," Melinda answered, starting a spell. "Outside of time, outside of gain, know only sorrow, know only pain."

Wind started to blow through the jail cell. Matthew got sucked into the locket, screaming.

° ☾ °¸.●¸.★° :. . • °

Now

Day One

Morning - Bucklands - Prue's Office

Rex put some jewelry on Prue's desk, picking up the locket, trying to open it.

Prue walked in. "Rex?"

"Ah, good morning, Prue," Rex told her, putting the locket down. "I've, uh, left a few things for you to catalogue. A marvellous shipment from an estate back east."

Prue nodded. "I'll get right on it."

"Thanks," Rex told her, leaving the office.

Prue saw the locket, picking it up, opening it. The door slammed closed. Wind blew heavily through the room.

Matthew was released from the locket. "At last, freedom. The world has changed. What time is this?"

"Excuse me?" Prue asked.

"Where am I?" Matthew asked.

"Who are you?" Prue replied.

"Matthew Tate," Matthew answered. "And if you freed me from that locket, you are a descendant of Melinda Warren." He walked closer. Prue used her power to throw Matthew away from her into the wall, making him fall. "Thank you."

"For what?" Prue asked.

Matthew stood. "I tricked you into using your power on me. Now I have it." He used her power, making a chair push Prue against the wall, disappearing. Prue ran to the middle of the room. Matthew appeared behind her. "Behind you, witch."