Book 2 - Didnt See That Coming...

Hey, sorry this is kind of a confusing chapter...Let me know if I need to make more changes to keep it clear. It's mostly just to show time passing...You see some stuff from Markus' POV and then a special guest at the end!! yay!!

Hope you like it. 

When she reached the shoreline, she dove off a cliff into the darkness; the water calling to her from beneath. The waves covered the rushing of air in her ears and her body couldn’t wait to hit the water. It was easy sliding into the water, her hands digging her deeper to the floor. The place she was looking for was an area she’d only visited once in her lifetime, and that time she had been with her father. Now, she was alone.

The person she was going to see? Leukothea…her mother…

Her father had brought her here to introduce them for the first time. Now she needed her mothers help to understand how to find Percy. She knew everthing about everything in the sea. Yes, Poseidon was the god of the oceans, his power was over the sea. Mother knew the inside of the sea. She would know exactly where Percy was since he was connected with the sea.

The problem? She lived behind the deadliest tunnels of the sea in the darkest pits of the ocean. Why? She was expelled there by Poseidons wife after his affair that created me. Yeah…its my fault my mom is living in basically the tartarus of the ocean.

The first tunnel tests your strength, putting you up against monsters and physical barriers. The second tunnel tests your intelligence by giving you puzzles to break through and mazes to navigate. The last tunnel tested your emotions: fear, love, anxiety, and the lack thereof. Oh, and all of it was done in complete darkness lit only by a few lamps.

Safe to say her mother didn’t get many visitors…

Kaylee’s heart skipped a few beats when the entrance to the first tunnel came into view. Mother must have felt her searching and relocated to North Carolina. There were a lot of signs that said ‘wrong way’ ‘no tresspassing’ and even ‘turn back now’. Kaylee ignored them all and swam straight in, taking only enough time for a deep breath before being swallowed by the black.

It had been two weeks since Kaylees back had disappeared into the trees of North Carolina. He’d taken Annabeth back to camp against her will and had sat in the most terrible agony anyone can feel: the feel of waiting.

Every night he dreamed about her. Her laugh, her blue eyes, her kiss. Markus sighed, his head falling into his hands while he sat on the porch of the big house. Kissing her had been the worst. He finally told her…or showed her…how he was feeling just as she sets out on a dangerous mission alone. He’d never wanted the ability to breathe underwater more than he did now.

He knew how Annabeth was feeling as she paced around inside. Atleast he had some inkling of where Kaylee was, they had no idea where Percy was…

“Markus!!” It was Rachel, running down the road with her shawl and bright red hair flowing behind her. Campers looked at her strangely, getting out of her way when she ran past.

“We have a problem!” she shrieked, grabbing his arms. If she was any other girl, it would have been uncomfortable that she was gripping his biceps; but since he had a feeling it was about Kaylee, he didn’t care.

“What’s happened?” he demanded, standing up.

“A prophecy!”

“Anything about Percy?” Annabeth demanded, coming out onto the porch.

“I don’t know” Rachel said, tears falling from her eyes. “It just said:

A warrior designed for war expelled,