Chapter 9

‘The way you move is like a full on rainstorm and I’m a house of cards,

you’re the kind of reckless that should send me running

but I kinda know that I won’t get far.’

                                                                                             Sparks Fly- Taylor Swift

-

'Short stuff, wake up. We're going to get some lunch in a sec.' Zayn murmured shaking me gently. Wow can I be woken this way every day? Hold on did I just think that? What is happening to me?

I opened my eyes groggily unaware that I had fallen asleep and a little surprised to be honest. "What's the time?" I mumbled as my eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight.

"Half twelve." Ali answered from the other side of me. She was towel drying her hair clearly having just got out of the ocean.

Wow, I had slept soundly for three hours. Usually I struggle to get more than an hours sleep before the nightmares surface. I shrugged the thoughts away, whatever the reason for the uninterrupted sleep I was happy just to accept it.

I sat up and stretched my arms before handing Zayn back his t shirt. I was surprisingly disappointed when he put the shirt on covering up his toned upper body. Pulling my own t-shirt back on and packing up my stuff I stood up ready to go.

I smiled when I saw Elle and Louis loosely holding hands but rolled my eyes at Ali and Harry who had their hands in each others back pockets. Don't get me wrong I was happy for Ali but she tended to go for a more physical relationship which never lasted more than a month. I'd always been there to help pick up the pieces and I would continue to be there for her but it would be nice to see her happy not heartbroken.

Walking beside Zayn I couldn't help but feel disappointed he didn't hold my hand or anything. I shook my head trying to stop any feelings for him developing, I didn't need another relationship yet. I was still trying to recover from the previous one. So why was I thinking about Zayn holding my hand?

Reaching the beach café I took a seat in between Zayn and Ali. Ali gave me a quick 'are you ok?' look before joining in the conversation Harry and Louis were having about their undying love for each other.

I stared at the menu deciding upon a tuna sandwich and orange juice. After placing our orders with the waitress we all fell into easy conversation. I tried to look interested but the whole time I was acutely aware of the distance, or lack of, between Zayn and I. I glanced over at him and caught his gaze. He smiled at me his eyes warm making me feel safe.

"Is the offer still open about swimming in the sea?" I asked feeling brave and also craving an excuse to touch him. Seriously Ash, you need to get a grip.

"For you, always." Zayn smiled sending shivers up my spine. Oh come on, words like that should not be allowed out of his mouth. They are really not helping my confused feelings right now.  "We can go out after lunch if you want?"

"Sounds good." I responded as the food arrived.

Tucking in I tried not to feel too nervous. He said he would keep me safe and strangely enough I believe him. The problem was I was beginning to believe him perhaps a little too much.

-

Authors Note:

Hey guys,

Apologies for the short chapter but the next one is massive and this one was important to link them.

On other news the football season is back and Liverpool won so woo!!

Please:

Read. Review. Enjoy.

 much love guys xx