Chapter 20

‘And I’m like yeah everything you heard is true

everybody knows I’m hung up on you.’

                                         Hung Up- Hot Chelle Rae

-

Zayn’s POV

“Zayn phone,” Louis demanded holding a bowl already filled with the other's phones. A serious expression covered his usually cheeky face.

I hesitated; of course I wanted to win the bet but what if Ashleigh needed me. This completely no contact thing seemed a bit extreme to me.

“Hand it over Malik.” Louis spoke more forcefully this time.

“It’s not even your bet, why do you care so much?” I asked trying desperately to stall.

“I don't care who made the bet I want to win so hand over the phone before I make you.” Louis growled his hand reaching for my hair.

“You wouldn't.” I spoke to which Louis raised his eyebrows begging me to differ. I reached into my back pocket handing over my phone sighing.

“Thanks.” Louis smiled sweetly before leaving the room to hide the bowl.

I slumped back in my seat tuning out of the conversation. I had to find that bowl, what if Ashleigh needed me? Louis walked back in flopping down on the couch next to me.

“Where did you put the bowl?” I asked, praying my straight tactic would work.

“As if I’m telling you,” Louis laughed grabbing the remote and turning the TV on.

“Why not? You know where it is.” I argued watching as Louis flicked through the channels.

“Yeah, but I’m not likely to lose this bet for us.” Louis shot back settling for a Top Gear rerun.

“What and I am?” I retorted looking at the others for support. The expression on their faces told me I was getting none.

“Yes you are actually. One text from Ashleigh and you'd be losing the bet in a heartbeat.” Louis retorted.

“And none of you would?” I stared at the boys in turn feeling stupid. I hadn't realised my feelings for Ashleigh were that obvious.

“Louis is too proud, the situation with Liam and Niall is too complicated and I made the bet so no, none of us would.” Harry answered straight faced.

“Come on guys, it’s only a bet. There is no need to be so serious about it.” I exclaimed standing up.

“What happened to your sense of male pride? I can't believe that Zayn Malik has gone soft over a girl.” Harry teased leaning back cockily.

“I have not.” I snapped. Have I? God, maybe this is what love feels like. I'll have to ask Liam later, he won’t tease me like the others will.

“Where are you going anyway? You had better not lose another bet for us Zayn.” Louis warned turning the volume up.

I sighed before taking a seat back on the couch. Watching the television my mind wandered to thoughts of Ashleigh. I wonder if she is finding this as hard as I am.

Ashleigh's POV

"Give me your phone, Ashleigh." Ali demanded taking a seat next to me on the balcony.

I sighed putting down the book I was reading. "Why?"

"So I can text Zayn." She explained holding her hand out impatiently.