Hello Myles

{Myles’s POV}

The next morning I was ready for my 1st day of school. AGAIN. This time it wouldn’t be at Ridgeview High where willow and the other high-schoolers would ride the bus to school to. NO. My school that I was supposed to show up at started at 8 am sharp. It was down the street, turn left and there would be a house in seclusion by a lot of trees which shaded the yard evenly. Nope I wasn’t registered for public school but I was enrolled into homeschool for two weeks prior to my mom knowing the teacher there.

Mom gave me the address as I strapped on my backpack and I closed the gate and headed down the street. It was 8:15 am as a round dark-skinned guy with a straw hat, wearing a tropical shirt, khaki shorts and glasses was watering his plants. He had shouted out me and waved: GOOD MORNING SON!

Me: *smiled and waved* GOOD MORNING SIR!

Man: WHERE ARE YOU HEADED?

Nosey much?

Me: I’M GOING TO SCHOOL SIR!

Man: SCHOOL? AIN’T THE YELLOW SCHOOL BUS CAME BY LIKE A HALF-HOUR AGO?

Me: OH. YEA IT DID.

Man: SO YOU PLAYING HOOKY HUH?

Me: NO SIR.

Man: WELL, YOU GO ON TO SCHOOL THEN EVEN THO YOU MISSED THE BUS. DO YOU HAVE A RIDE? ARE YOU GONNA WAIT ON THE CITY BUS TO COME? IT’S GONNA COME AROUND 8:35.

Me: OH NO THAT’S OK. I’M GOOD SIR.

Man: YOU SURE?

Ugh will he just leave me alone and stay out of my business. Damn.

Me: YES SIR.

Man: ALRIGHT THEN, YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

Me: OK, THANKS AND YOU TOO.

Man: I’LL SEE YOU AROUND.

Ummmmmmm ok? I ignored him and kept walking. As it got silent again and I briefly turned back to the inquisitive neighbor he was still watering his plants not paying me no mind. When I turned around I heard a bike treading from behind.

Boy: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WASSUP DOG?

Me: Um, Hello?

He rode around me and checked me out.

Boy: Never saw you around Cedar Terrace before.

Me: That’s because I’m new.

Boy: What’s your name?

Me: Myles.

Boy: Myles?

Me: *annoyed* Yes???

Boy: Oh, well nice to meet you Myles. My name is Diggy, but my lame ass parents call me “Daniel.”

Me: Oh hello Daniel.

Diggy: I said my name is Diggy.

Me: Oh my bad diggy.

Diggy: So, where you going with ya back pack on, fresh new kicks, white tee, and black sweatpants?

Me: Um, too school.

Diggy: *laughs* School? Nigga is you serious? The high school bus came around 7:25 am. You got left. It’s—

Me: I’m well aware at what the time is.

Diggy: Damn nigga you ain had to get an attitude with me. I was just tellin you what’s up.

Me: Well you didn’t have to ask me questions and get all up in my business.