Rainy day

{Myle’s POV}

It was a rainy morning and it was thundering and lightning. Nobody was out in the streets I don’t think but it heavily rained. I got up and crawled to the window and peeked through the blinds and saw that the ridgeview kids were standing outside waiting for the bus to come pick them up. Instead of waiting by our gate they were underneath the big tree by the streetlight trying to stay dry. It was also the same place the city bus would pick up and drop off people which was across from my house and that there was a house in front of that stop as well. A few minutes later the bus came by and picked up the children. I didn’t see willow out this morning maybe she was sick or something. As I watched the school bus drove off in the distance, my light was cut on as I squinted my eyes and moved away from the blinds. UH-OH mama was up.

Michelle: BOI WHATCHU DOIN LOOKIN OUT THAT WINDOW? AIN’T NUTTEN OUT THERE FOR YA

Me:  *irritated* Maaaa it’s like 7:25 am in the morning, must you make all that noise?

Michelle: SO? YOU SUPPOSED TO BE UP OUTTA THE BED AT THAT TIME. Breakfast is ready so come and get it. Get dressed cuz I’m taking u to homeschool early so you won’t get caught up in the rain.

Me: *yawns and stretches* Ok mama.

Michelle: And while you get dressed, I’ma call carrie and let her know I’m on my way to drop you off. So before we go have that bed made up and all your school work in your bag. I don’t wanna hear anything about you missing school assignments because you left them at home.

And it’s a good thing too. If I ever forgotten my homework I could just walked up by the house during breakfast or lunch and turn it in before 4 o’clock. After I ate breakfast, got dressed, made my bed and packed my things mama locked the house up and we both got into the car and went down the street. Mama dropped me off in front of MC’s yard. I didn’t have an umbrella , nor rain coat nor rain boots. Just my last kings’ black and gold hoodie and my white and black air 1’s on. I waved my mama "bye" as she shouted "BYE" and drove off. I tried to avoid the puddles in her yard as I carefully walked up the steps to MC’s door. She was standing in the screen door watching me making sure I got in safely.

MC: *opens screen door* Good morning myles, how are you this rainy morning?

Me: Good morning Ms. Carrie and I’m good and you?

MC: Oh honey I’m fine. I manage to get up early and cooked yall a hot meal to keep you guys warm and full.

But I already ate. Would it be rude of me to decline?

MC: I fixed some buttered-grits, turkey sausage for our muslim friends, sausage links, scrambled eggs, French toast, I got some milk, some orange juice and apple juice, some bananas and blueberries, some water, some cheese just in case anybody want some cheese in their of grits. So you can go ahead, wash ya hands and fix yaself something to eat.

Me: Ok.

She went into the wash room to grab a raincoat, umbrella and stepped into her trendy rainboots. Where was she heading off too?

MC: Hey myles?

Me: yes ma’am?

MC: Can I trust you again in babysitting my children while I go pick up the other kids?

Me: *shrugs* sure.

MC: *sarcastic* You aren’t going anywhere are you?

Me: Me? No. Where would I go in this weather?

*thunder-thunder* (lightning)

MC: Oh snap. That’s my cue to go. I’m trusting you now. Them kids is scared of thunder so you may have to hug and console them when they cry.