Roll Call

{Myles’s POV}

I awoke from my night slumber into the next day. I checked my alarm as it was 7:15 am. I was looking around my messy room in confusion trying to figure out why around this time I was supposed to be doing something. I heard loud talking and laughing like dude people are trying to sleep or wake up. So I crawled to my window and peeked through the blinds. The sky was light blue as the high schoolers for Ridgeview were already out there. I skimmed the small crowd as I saw the back of willow’s platinum hair sitting on her backpack from Monday morning. She was drawing in her sketchbook again. I wanted to quickly tell her about my day yesterday before her bus came so I put on some pants and a tee shirt, ran to the bathroom to splash my face with water and dried it off. I ran to the door to open it as I heard my mother groan all the way from her room.

Mom: MYLESSSSSSS WHERE ARE YOU RUNNING OFF TO THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING? HOMESCHOOL DON’T START UNTIL 9AM?

Me: OH I KNOW MOM. I WAS JUST UM….CHECKING SOMETHING OUTSIDE. 

Mom: CHECKIN SOMETHIN? WHAT’S WRONG? 

Me: OH IT’S THE ROSE BUSH, IT’S NEEDS WATERING.

Mom: CAN’T YOU WATER IT AROUND 8 SOMETHIN?

Me: MOOOOOOM I’M ALREADY UP. PLEASE LET ME GO WATER OUR ROSE BUSH?

Mom: OK, OK. FINE MYLES. DAMN. I NEVER HEARD OF A BLACK BOY BEING SO EAGER TO WATER A ROSE BUSH AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING.

Me: IT’S 7:18 MOM.

Mom: WHATEVER. MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR SHOES ON BEFORE YOU GO.

I looked down and completely forgot that I had no shoes on and only socks. Thanks mom for reminding me that. I almost was about to embarrass myself in front of willow. I grabbed my black hoodie, some chewing gum for my breath, and my addidas flip flops. I flipped my hood over my head and walked up to the door.

I closed the door and sighed as I walked up to the gate and said hi to willow. She turned around and smiled.

Willow: HEYYYYY MYLES! *gets up and walks to the gate*

Me: Hey there cutie pie!

Willow: *blushes* I’m fine and thanks. How are you stud muffin?

Me: *chuckles* did you just call me a stud muffin? *chews gum*

Willow: *flirts* I sure did.

We laughed together silently. She was so pretty and cute. I wonder how old she was. 

Me: So did you draw anything new today?

Willow: Oh yea I did. She ran to grab her sketchbook as I looked around and saw some other kids walking up to the bus stop and giving daps to them. Willow returned with her sketchbook as I opened the book and flipped some pages, willow decided to hold the other end and flip them too to show me her latest creation. 

Willow: *points to the page* Ok here’s today’s design.

Me: WOW. This is awesome.

Willow: *cheeses* really? You like it?

Me: Yes I do. It’s beautiful.

Willow: Awww thanks stud muffin.

Her drawing was that of her where she looked like a swan. She had a mini orange top hat with grey feathers, a greenish-blue coral on the front of the hat. She wore a grey turtle neck with a white long fluffy elegant gown. It was a jumper dress but made into elegance and the fluffs were the major part of the dress. On the side she sketched some grey heels to go with the outfit. Her hair was short and in layers and black in color like Rihanna’s hair. It suited her.