Not Enrolled

It was the first day of school. Myles was leaving his house which was on the corner of the street at the front. No privacy in any direction. It was 7:18 am and the high schoolers were already outside waiting on the bus to come. They were all lined up at the gate of Myles’s house since the bus picks up and drops off its students there.

Myle’s Mom: *shouts* BYE MYLES!!!! HAVE A GOOD DAY AT SCHOOL TODAY!!!

Myles was embarrassed as his mother wished him a good day. The kids at the bus stopped turned around to see who was shouting as they all cracked up. Myles’s mother still had her rollers in her hair, her 1980’s paisley housecoat, white socks, and her pink fuzzy bed slippers on. This was NOT a good way to start off the first day of school. He tried to cover his face but it failed because he had nowhere to hide. Everyone could see him.

Mom: *shouts* BOY I KNOW YOU HEAR ME TALKING TO YOU!

Boy: *shouts* YEA “MYLES” YOU BETTA ANSWER TO YO MAMA!

The kids laughed as I rose my hand up and flung it down to respond to my mother’s reply as I closed the gate and stood in front of it embarrassed. A light skinned girl, with platinum medium-length hair with bangs and clear blue eyes was staring at Myles with inquisitive lust in her eyes. Myles turned around to face the kids and saw they were talking amongst themselves as he saw (the girl I previously described) sitting alone as she used her backpack as a chair. She had a sketchpad out and drawing some weird clothing designs. I stood over to see what she was drawing. She looked like she needed some company. The girl noticed the shadow hovering over her design as she looked up and into myles's hazel eyes.

Girl: Um, hello?

Myles: *waves nervously* Hiiii.

Girl: Can I help you with something?

Myles: *shakes head* Uh, no. I was just um, I was only---

Girl: SPILL IT!

Myles: I was watching you draw stuff. I was admiring your artwork.

Girl: *confused* Oh, I apologize. I’m sorry. I don’t know why I had an attitude.

The sound of a roaring bus came to a screeching stop. The girl was struggling to get up off her backpack. I quickly grabbed her sketchpad to close it as she thanked me and I extended my free arm to help hoist her up as she grabbed her bag and dusted it off and we made our way onto the bus. We shared the same seat as she sat by the window and I on the end. The bus closed its doors and pulled off.

{Myles’s POV}

Girl: So you’re new around here?

Me: Yea, how’d you guess?

Girl: Cuz I never seen you here before.

Me: Oh that’s because me and my parents had move here over the summer like last week.

Girl:  Cool. So how was your summer?

Me: It was cool. How about yours?

Girl: *smiles* It was wicked awesome!

Me: *chuckles* Sounds pretty dope.

Girl: It was. I had LOTS of parties. A pool party, a beach party, a house party, a skating party, a movie party, MY birthday party—

Me: WOW. That’s a lot of parties.

Girl: I know right? And all of them were awesome!

Me: Sounds like they were all live.

Girl: Yep. We were pretty turnt up. Had I known you came last week, I would have invited you.

Me: *smiles* Thanks and I would have gladly to come. By the way, I didn’t get your name.