Chapter 9.

RRRRRING RRRING I wake up to the phone ringing.
"Hello?"
" hey it's Corey I've called you few times and you weren't home."
"Hey Corey sorry I know I'm still getting used to Los Angeles how've you been?"
" good now that I'm talking to you?"
"Oh cmon Corey." I blush
"Haha so i heard someone is turning the big 15 soon."
"Yeah you remembered."
"Of course!"
"Hey we should meet up?"
"Yeah. I'll call you when I get ready and stuff"
"Okay."
"Okay bye."
"Bye."

I get up out of my bed and start to get ready.  I take a shower and I blow dry my hair. About an half hour later I start my makeup. Ten minutes after I finally get dressed I put on some shorts I made out of my dads baggy jeans, a white teeshirt, and my baby pink adidas. I head down the stairs and into the kitchen looking for a quick something because I was STARVING. I find a sticky note on the fridge.

Harper, I have some business I need to take care of I'll be back later if you want the keys to your car are on the hook by the door.
~George

I look in the fridge and all I see was fruit and some milk so I think I'm going to make a smoothie. I grab the blender, a knife and a cutting board. I pick out the peach the mango some strawberries and a dragon fruit. I wash each of them and I slice them and slide them into the blender. I pour a cup of milk and some agave and I top it and press the smoothie button. I let it end as I look for a cup. I reach for a cup and instead I grab a mason jar. That'll do I guess. The blender stops and I pour it into the jar and I put a straw on in it and I slice a part of strawberry and put it on the rim. Ooh it looks pretty. I grab my camera and snap a photo. "Morning smoothie." I write on the white part.
I check my watch and see that's it's barely 11:00. I walk upstairs and I decide to braid my hair I double Dutch braided my hair and let my baby hairs fall out to frame my face. I grab my baby pink baseball cap that said "LA dodgers" on the side of it in white Wasn't my first choice but since George gave it to me and it matches my adidas why not? I put it on backwards and I decide to give Corey a call.
About after three rings I hear someone pick up.
"Hello?" I hear Corey.
"Hey what's up?"
"Oh nothing I was only waiting for your call so I can pick you up and take you out." He said sarcastically sighing.
"Well I'm sorry that I took so long.. I just had to do the usual girly things like shave my legs and put makeup on and of course EAT." I giggle sipping on my smoothie.
"Haha okay, I'll be there in ten minutes."
"Alright I'll be waiting."
"Alright see ya in a bit."
"Mkay." I hang up the phone and head downstairs I put my cup jar thing in the sink. I walk to the couch, grab the remote and plop right on the very comfy couch. Nanook comes up to me and lays right next to me on the couch.
I switch the channel to MTV. I see that it's just music videos so I leave it on. I hear a knock. Nanook runs right to the door sniffing it. I walk over and check in the peep hole to see Corey.
" it's okay Nanook it's only Corey." I pet his head. Nanook walks off and lays in his bed. I open the door and I grab my house keys from the key hook. I walk outside and to greet Corey his blue eyes sparked in the sunlight. I smile. "Hey Harp." He smiles. I turn to lock the door. I just smile at him and give him a hug. As soon as I let go he opens the car door for me to get in. I sit as he closed the door hopping over and sliding on the hood to his side. I buckle my seatbelt and he does the same. He lights a cigarette and turns the radio on. "You Make my Dreams." By hall and Oates is on.

[Lyrics]

We look at each other and laugh.
"That was funny." I say out of breath due to the singing,laughing and dancing. I look outside the window to see a bunch of people in multicolor leggings and ripped jeans a teeshirt and a blazer with huge shoulder pads and every color you can imagine on a shoe, scrunchie a galore,guys in a leather jacket ripped jeans and a backwards cap couples every where, lots of signs with Johnny Depp and Rob Lowe on them (UGH they're such hunks), and colorful billboards. Oh how I love this city. I notice that Corey is looking at my amazement and does that little smirk he does. I think it's the cutest thing ever. He stops at the red light right next to a gas station. I see a huge line for the phone booths. Man, I really feel for the people having to wait forever. ESPECIALLY if a girl who is talking to her boyfriend like "you hang up, NO you hang up." Is holding up the line. How about I hang up for both of you? Ugh it makes me sick. Or maybe the people who make multiple calls. By multiple calls mean like 45 calls to 20 different people and the other 25 is like the same person that many times. It's frustrating. The car moves and I see more couples and a group of girls in their mid teens with loads of shopping bags and like the legit brands too. "I don't think half of the stuff that people buy from name brand stores are really worth their dollars especially if it's more than necessary."
"Yeah. But that's Hollywood for you put two maybe three dollar signs on it and it'll be hot for like a week and we'll find something else to make expensive." Corey agreed.
"That's the thing I don't understand like don't you know that there are people who will sell it for cheap?"
"I know." He sighs
"Hey where are you even taking me?"
"Its a surprise."
"Last time I got a surprise it wasn't good."
"Oh cmon harp it'll be fun."
"Okayyyy whatever you say."
It takes us about ten minutes for us to get to our destination. The mall. Of course how did I not see that coming.
The thing that catches my eye is the music store.
"Hey lets go in here."I pull Corey.
We walk in and I see the most BEAUTIFUL cello I have ever seen in the HISTORY of cellos.
"Oh my gosh I love this." I say sliding my fingers down the cello's cold neck.
"Do you wanna try it out?" The guy comes up.
"Yeah I'd love to." I move back for him to unlock it. He hands me the bow and I tighten it and start messing with the strings. I see its in tune so I start playing a little Bach and I spin it like it were a bass and I hand it to the guy.
"What do you think."
"I love the sound it's so crisp and it isn't squeaky like others. Do you have any sheet music?"
"Yeah here we are." He walks us a little past the guitars. I look and see the Beatles, David Bowie, Janis Joplin, Joan Jett. Who would've known you can play this on a cello. killer. "Thank you I'll be back I know I will." I smile.
"Alright see you soon." The guy swirls a drumstick between his fingers.
"Man I love that store."
"I didn't know you play."Corey rubbs he back of his neck.
"Yeah since I was in grade school it's going to be five years in a few months." I smile. An hour or two pass by and we checked out every shop and food place in the court. Man I'm stuffed. We leave and I play around putting my hands on the window. "Good bye my beautiful cello. GOODBYE." I whisper. Corey laughs and drives off. After a while we get to my house and George isn't home yet so I invite Corey in. "Let's go to my room." I say heading upstairs. Corey follows as I open my door Nanook squeezed in and ran to my bed.
"Your room is exactly what I expected."
"Yea?"
"Yeah pictures and posters everywhere, your phone next your bed, the tv, the record / cassette player / radio sound system in pink, all your records and cassettes. Exactly what I thought it would be like."
"Well you thought right." I smirk. Corey kicks off his shoes and plops in to my bed.
"This is super comfy." He wiggles around.
"Oh my Gosh I know right?!"
"Lets watch a video." He gets up looking at my selection."
"Alright which one?"
"How about hmmmmmm... Funny face."
" the Audrey Hepburn movie?"
"Yeah I love this movie,"
"Alright." I shrug
Corey puts the tape in, grabs the remote and plops in the bed again. I plop right next to him and he puts his arm around me. I pull the cover over my shoulder and wait for the movie to start. Half an hour into the movie Corey is asleep so I watch it and I start to yawn and I slowly but surely doze off too...