Chapter 13.

It's getting pretty late so I walk Corey out. He gets in his car and drives home. I walk to the fridge and look for something. Nothing. I walk to the key hook and I look for the only car keys hanging because George took his car. I grab them and open the garage door I turn the light and I see a white jeep with doors and a hood that you can take off. My jaw drops to the floor. I pinch myself to see if it's real. it was. I open the door hop in and start it feel around and finally drive of after a few minutes. Wait. I can't drive in California. I'm only 15. I mean in New Mexico it was fine I had my license and all but it California so I'm not sure. I don't care I have a jeep im going to the store nothing bad is going to happen. right?

>>>

Wrong! I got pulled over. I made an illegal u turn. Oops. They said I need a California license and tags. No ticket! Thank god for that. I told the cop I would do that first thing in the morning. So hm that was easy. He only let me off the hook because I'm new to California. I head out to the store. Buy some chips, ice cream, and some other junk food. I drive back home and start watching the exorcist. What a mistake that was. I had totally forgotten how God damn freaky that movie was. And still is. As soon as it ended George walks in. Thank you God! He grabs a beer,plops on the couch and puts his feet on the coffee table I had all the snacks scattered on. "How was your day?" He asks taking a sip of his bud light.
"Fine I drove the car."
"Yeah? Did you like it?"
"Yeah you remembered it was my dream car?"
"No I thought a pink corvette with a Barbie sticker was your dream car or at least it was the last time I saw you.."
"Yeah and you told me the next time I came down you'd buy of for me." I smiled
" yeah just who would've thought by the time you actually did come down you could actually drive."
"Yeah I need a California License though."
"Yeah I'll take you to the dmv tomorrow but you have to get up pretty early to beat the crowd you know?"
"Yup."
"Hey I was wondering would you want to be in a new movie I was thinking on making?" George gets serious.
"Yeah whys it about?"
"don't know the playwright hasn't told me yet."
"Yeah i would love to help you out in the crew and stuff."
"No I mean do you want to BE in it."
"As in ac-acting" I choke.
"Yeah I mean you don't have to have one of the huge parts but I was thinking it would kill some time since you're not going to an actual school."
"Yeah that'd be cool but don't give me the part just because I'm your niece I want to try out and give other people a chance."
"Seems fair enough but if you're not chosen for the big parts you'll get a little part."
"I'll be grateful for whatever I get."
"Your such a great kid." He shakes my hair.
"Now go to sleep we are going to the DMV early tomorrow." He pats my knees and gets up. I get up and clean up the table and put the half eaten snack away.
"Alright goodnight love you George."
He walks down the hall to his room.
"Good night love you too chunky monkey." He laughs. He hasn't called me that in forever. Or at least when he and my mom got into that huge argument and stopped talking and he hardly came down anymore. I really missed him. My mom would get annoyed when I used to "waste her stamps" when I wrote to him. They never did tell me why they stopped talking all of a sudden. All my dad told me was that I was too young to understand the concept of the fight.
I head upstairs and get ready for bed. I put on my brother's shirt which fitted my like a dress. I put in my shorts tie my hair in a messy bun and fall asleep.

> THE NEXT DAY>
I hear George knock. I get up and check the time. 5:00. Damn by early he meant EARLY. I start getting ready I put on my brothers Led Zeppelin crop top and put my painter overalls over. I roll the bottom and put my Van Gogh socks and my low cut doc martens. I put my hair in a pony tail and put on my baby pink cap. Putting the pony through the adjustment hole in the back. I apply little more makeup than usual. Powder and mascara eyeliner and etc. I curl the ponytail, grab my sunglasses and head out the door.
"George I'm ready."
"Okay let's go eat the DMV doesn't open until 7:00." He grabs the keys and we head out the door.
We eat at Denny's and wait at the dmv. I get my license and we are outa there. I get home and decide to call Natalie.
"Hey wanna go anywhere I feel like driving I got my license."
"Yeah let's go to the mall like seriously this time."
"Alright pick you up in twenty."
"Okay that's more than enough time."
"Okay see you then."

The twenty minutes has passed so I get in my car and drive up to Natalie's driveway. She looks as if she's been crying. She gets in the car and sniffles.
"What wrong Natalie?"
"Call me Nat and my boyfriend cheated on me." She sobs even more
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry hey lets eat our little hearts out and go shopping maybe that'll ever take it off your mind."
"Yeah." She smiles.
We drive to the mall and head to the food court. We eat everything we can and start shopping. We bought clothes and shoes and purses and all the above. The mall was getting crowded so we headed to downtown. We found this underground place called. Rebels paradise. Seems cool so we go in its a long hallway looking alley with a table of spray paint and tape. We both grab a can and look for a blank spot. We write pain is a thing to overcome in a crazy font. We ask the guy across from us to take a picture of us. He takes two one for each of us. We write the date in Roman numerals. I write '87 under our saying. I drive home and drop Nat off she gives me a big hug before getting out I get home to see no one is here. I get ready for the night and watch a couple of movies at the end of the day.