Chapter 17.

A few days pass by and I haven't heard from Corey. I start to worry a little. I hear a knock on the door and its Nat. She brings me the stuff I requested and since this is my first time and all she helps me out.
"Here take a hit. It'll take away all your pain." She says giving me the lit blunt. I take a few hits in one. And blow off the steam. I really hope this can mend a broken heart.  Natalie leaves and I'm listening to some Jimi Hendrix. Corey walks in and sees me on the couch. Not like I'm trying to reenact the whole thing but it's just how I happened to be when he walked in.
"Are you smoking pot."
I just sit there and continue listing to the music slightly swaying to the melody. Corey turns off the stereo.
"Hey turn that back on." I say in a chill tone.
"No." He snaps
"Fine then don't turn it back on."
"Answer me We're you?" He said getting a bit louder.
"Yeah so what?"
"Why?"
"Why did you keep your secrets from me? What did i do?"
He stays quiet for a while.
"That's what I thought."
I lay down and crash. Next thing I knew is that Corey was sitting there looking at me. I had taken a short nap. But when I woke up my high as gone. I look for more but realize I had given the rest to Nat.
"Who sold it to you?"
"Don't worry about okay?"
"I just what to know why?"
"Want to know why? Okay I'll tell you why? It's because the person said it would ease  my pain  but it didn't work for a broken heart."
"Ouch that hurt."
"Well it should because nothing as ever hurt me as much as seeing you there on the couch all fucked up like you were. That broke my heart into little pieces. All the small pieces that were already broken were teared up. I couldn't stand seeing you like that. Wether it's your past or not I still want to know. But it's all okay now Feldman told me."
"Yeah he told me he did"
"I mean I had to have heard it from someone."
"I was going to tell you but I couldn't."
"Because you were scared of something that couldn't happen even if you killed more people than a serial killer I'd still love you because we know each other's secrets we don't and shouldn't have to hide anything."
"Do you really want to know?"
"Yeah I do Corey."
"Okay I'll tell you, I was raped at a very young age and I was first exposed to drugs at the age I was filming Lucas. I occasional drank too. But that didn't stick with me as much as the drugs did. I couldn't find any other way to get that whole thing out of my fucking head and I just wanted to tell you when I felt that I was stable enough to tell you so i wouldn't cry in front of you and you wouldn't think I'm such a pussy." He wipes his tear. I hug him tightly. I wanted so stay here hugging him forever and tell him everything is alright. But I can't. What's done is done. I wasn't there in the beginning and when i was it's too late. He's been doing this for a while I must assume because Lucas was quite a while ago. I hated the fact that i couldn't do anything about it. I wanted to kill whoever raped this poor innocent boy who such a sweetheart just with a dark past. I couldn't stand it. I wanted to punch a wall. No not now Harper. You'll make it think it's him. Control yourself. Deep breaths.
"Have you ever tried stopping?"
"No not really. Maybe once when Feldman first found out."
"Oh."
"Okay well enough about me tell me about you."
"Okay." Brace yourself. Harper. It's like talking to your therapist
"Well when I was young I would always hear my parents fight. I would stay in my room because that was my safe spot. My dad hit my mom sometimes. Until he started drinking. Then it became an everyday routine. I would never come out of my room. Not even to eat. I was scared of my father. The times that I did come out he would always bullshit me. So my mom would defend me. And she always got hit. He always favored my brother. He did all the sports and some of the arts too. He had it all together. Me i was a ten year old wreck. There was this time I tried to stop it and he hit me and threw me back against the wall. That's when I started picking up boxing. For self defense more than anything else. I also started being in some of the arts programs at school. That was a way I could escape from all the madness. When they died. The police were thinking on putting me in a foster home. I asked if anyone of my family could take care of me instead. So they asked my brother and his girlfriend. She told him no so that was that. They called the family on my dad side. They wanted nothing to to with me. And the only person on my mom side who isn't either dead or in jail. Was George. So he saved me from a being in a foster home."
"Man what is it with teens having it all fucked up?"
"They have no one else to take it out in so they take it out on us."
"Yeah that's true."
"Hey but two negatives equal a positive.."
"And what's the positive."
"That I found you in all this mess." Corey smiles and kisses me right on the lips.
" hey I want to take you somewhere."
I say getting up and pulling his arm.
I take him to my spot. We walk in twenty minutes. He looks around the place as if he were brought to heaven. "How did you find this place?"
"I went jogging one day and I followed this trail and here it was. So I claimed it. My safe haven. Where I Come to clear my mind and think of stuff to write."
"Well it's nice here i glad you found this."
"Me too."
We stay for about an hour and we head back. Corey leaves as George arrives. I sit on the couch watching the news it's Nanook on my lap. Stroking his beautiful fur. George comes and sits next to me smiling really big.
"What up with you?"
"I have some really good news."
"What is it?"
"How would you like to attend Juliard school of the arts?!"
"I would love to but you see I'm only 15."
"Yeah I know and they know that and that's exactly why they want you you'll be on Broadway work with the big people to do whatever you please."
"Why can't I do that here?"
"I mean yeah you can wouldn't you want to go?"
"Yeah but I can't live on my own especially in New York. I'd get lost."
"Yeah that's true but this scholarship if you take it now will provide your high school years at a fancy arts high school there and once is time college. But you still would be working with the Juliard people in highs hook so they won't forget you."
"This is great and all but how can I move there when I just got here."
"I mean it would let you experience something you know and when you get back from there you'll be spot on ready for here."
"Yeah I suppose your right."
"Okay kiddo so think about it alright"
"Alright."
How am I supposed to tell Corey this?