3. Be honest with me

Karlie and Taylor had been working together for three weeks and the songwriter finished each day more confused than the previous one by Taylor's attitude. She kept doing questions but Taylor knew really well how to avoid them with mixed answer about anything in particular which meant that after three weeks, Karlie felt like she didn't know a lot of her if she ignored what she had read in internet about her past relationships and friends. There were a lot of awkward silences and they worked on their own in the same studio for hours just to exchange notes and ideas later, but not too much. However that day she was feeling confident so she tried it again.

-How many relationships have you had?- Karlie asked, Taylor quickly turning to throw a serious glance- come on... I will give you time to count them if you need it!- Karlie joked.

-I don't know how many relationships I have had, a few I guess- Taylor said ignoring the joke.

-Come on

-Come on... tell me something more exactly- Karlie asked.

-Last time we spoke about this I told you that I had one that lasted for like nine months right?- Taylor asked and Karlie nodded remembering that conversation- I had another serious one, which lasted a year more or less, I had others but they were for just a couple of months and the first tone... it lasted like almost two years- Karlie looked really surprised when she heard that information- the usual, you know how this works, I was living back and forth from one city to another so I didn't have time for any serious relationship- Taylor said before Karlie could ask her anything more about it.

-Did someone break your heart?- Karlie asked being bold but Taylor stayed silent, Karlie knew that she had hit the right wound- so... the guy from the nine months relationship didn't break your heart because you told me you were the one who did it... I don't think that a relationship that last a couple of months can broke you either... so we have the other two, which one broke your heart? The year guy? Or the two years guy?

-KArlie- Taylor scoffed trying to stop her.

-Which guy broke your heart?- Karlie asked again, she wasn't giving up.

-What is the matter anyway?- Taylor asked defensively- he broke my heart that is the point.

-A break up is a good issue to write songs about and believe me, you will feel free from those feelings when you do it- Karlie explained, hoping that Taylor would tell her something more.

-A break up is a break up, it doesn't matter if it lasted two years or one- Taylor said looking away.

-What did you do to recover yourself from that break up?- Karlie insisted pushing her.

-I don't know! What I always do I guess, I look forward and forget everything that had happened- Taylor said like if it were so easy for her to be over someone.

-Everything is always so easy for you?- Karlie snapped crossing her arms.

-Obviously writing songs it's not easy for me at all- Taylor said feeling angry.