20. Walls

It had been a week since Karlie had left Taylor's apartment, leaving the singer completely heartbroken. It wasn't the fact that she left her to go out with Cara, it was what she said about not being sure about if she had really changed. Taylor knew she hurt Karlie really bad the first time they were together. She lied, she stunt with Harry, she forced her to be someone she really wasn't lying to her family and friends and just hiding everything about her life just for Taylor. They had been apart a lot of time which Taylor thought it was good to make both of them forget what happened and heal a little bit. Taylor took a lot of time before going back to Karlie because she needed to learn a lot about herself and now that she thought she was ready Karlie played her. She tried to express everything she felt the moment she stepped into Karlie's apartment but it seemed like it wasn't enough to convince Karlie of her feelings. The worst part for her was the fact that Karlie was there for her for two days and it seemed perfect, it really seemed like they could make it work and get back together after all but Karlie walked away without any warning. She had tried to talk with Karlie texting her but the song writer never texted her back. 

Karlie got all those text but she didn't know what to text her back. Cara advised her to think about what she wanted before talking again with Taylor because she didn't deserve messy signals again. Cara was right she had to make a decision for worst or for better and the truth was that she didn't know what to do. Her feelings were still really strong, even with all the pain, the distance, the time apart... she was still in love with Taylor and that was the main reason to get back together. However, on the other hand, Karlie knew that she had to believe that Taylor had really changed. It was true that the day they spent together was perfect and Taylor grabbed her hand in public and didn't think about who was around but was that enough for her? was it true or was she just pretending? It was a really difficult choice that would change her life. 

Karlie decided that she would go to Taylor's place after work so they could talk all the time they needed and try to understand each other. However, their relationship had never been easy and they would still had some problems to figure out before they could talk. Karlie went to the studio for a meeting with a big artist to talk about songs and contracts. Once she was done she walked by the studio were Taylor and Lily usually worked and realized that the red light by the door was on, that light meant that someone was inside recording. Karlie stopped for a second and made a bold move, she had worked in that building enough time to know that they only person who worked in that both was Lily so she decided to step in. 

-Can I come in?- Karlie asked peaking her head inside the room. 

-Of course girl!-Lily said excited to see Karlie. 

-I was walking by and I thought of...- Karlie couldn't finish her sentence because she realized who was inside the booth recording a song, Taylor. 

 -Take this, she's killing this song- Lily said excited giving her some headphones. 

-I thought the album was done- Karlie said confused siting by her side. 

-This is a last minute thing, Taylor wrote it this week and wanted to have it on the album- Lily explained before focusing on the mixing table again -listen, it is great. 

Karlie looked through the glass and saw Taylor really focused with her eyes closed singing the song. Karlie listened to the lyrics attentively and didn't need a lot to know that Taylor had written that song after their last day together when she heard the lyrics. 

Show me an open door
Then you go and slam it on me
I can't take anymore
I'm saying baby

Please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart
Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart