11. First date

A couple of days had passed since the last conversation the couple shared about the whole situation between them. Since that moment, they were more free and careless about the relationship and they even worked on the same couch, but that meant that they got distracted really easy. Now it was normal for Taylor to lay resting her head on Karlie's legs while they write some things for the songs. Karlie hummed topics and ideas while Taylor spent hours admiring them, she had learnt that she could spent hours just doing that, Karlie had that effect on her.

One day they were in that same position that now was normal for them. Taylor was brushing Karlie's hair without thinking in the singer's apartment just because it relaxed her. Taylor was still muttering and writing some things when Karlie jumped off the couch and walked away toward her hallway. Taylor sat on the couch confused, not really knowing what was going on, since she was really comfortable minutes before.It took Karlie a couple of minutes to come back to the living room with one of her guitars in her hands.

-What is happening?- Taylor asked confused.

-I needed this- Karlie said sitting by her side pointing at the guitar.

-I should leave that guitar here in the living room since we work here a lot and you always play it- Taylor suggested.

-Maybe you can have a piano too please?- Karlie joked big a cute smile.

-That's for when you teach me- Taylor answered flirting a little bit- why did you run so much?

-Give me a minute- Karlie said closing her head to remember something in her head before playing some notes- do you remember that song we worked on the last week?

-Yes- I've been trying to work on it the last couple of days, thinking melodies and all of that but I don't have anything- Taylor explained.

-I have it- Karlie said proudly- I have the melody.

-Are you serious?- Taylor asked already impatient.

-Listen- Karlie said playing some chords while Taylor focused her attention on the music.

-I like it, it's cheerful- she said excited.

-Do you want to join me?- Karlie suggested.

-Sure- Taylor accepted taking a minute before starting to sing.

I was reminiscing just the other day,

While having coffee all alone and Lord, it took me away.

Back to a first-glance feeling on New York Time.

Back when you fit in my poems like a perfect rhyme.

Took off faster than a green light "Go".

Yeah, you skipped the conversation when you already know.

I left a note on the door with a joke we'd made,

And that was the first day.

And darling, it was good never looking down.

And right there where we stood was holy ground.

Spinning like a girl in a brand new dress,

We had this big wide city all to ourselves.

We blocked the noise with the sound of 'I need you',

And for the first time I had something to lose,

And I guess we fell apart in the usual way.